Shared 6.5 x 55 advice

chris .222

I have just been granted a 6.5 x 55 on my ticket which I was hoping to to put down my mates as a shared rifle to save on the cost
but my fao says I have to get my own. I am unsure why this is all he said was to what until my budget allows me to buy my own
​pansy advice would be welcome

I share my rifles with my son. He has them on his ticket as guns he can borrow with make, model and serial numbers identified. I see no reason why your feo should say you cant do it.

​Mulac

Although I have plenty of my own I have a condition on my certificate that allows me to borrow and use all the firearms that are on a pals ticket. No specific rifles or handguns are specified. Very simple and easy.

Sounds like your feo needs some training , 'sharing' of firearms / shotguns between two certificates is commonplace - for a variety of reasons .Ask him to put his reasons in writing why he is demanding such and to back that up with the relevant section / para of the firearms acts ,or just bypass the numpty and go straight to his superior.

Like Mulac I share all our rifles, .22 , .243, 25.06, 30.06 with my son. When he left devon & cornwall constabulary area he transferred to the Met'. That's when the fun started. They are arrogant conceited ignoramus' of the highest order. It took him & BASC two years to be able to shoot a fox with 25.06 and a deer with .243 !

Although I have plenty of my own I have a condition on my certificate that allows me to borrow and use all the firearms that are on a pals ticket. No specific rifles or handguns are specified. Very simple and easy.

"Not specified" - that doesn't sound right!

Bagsy having 8x57's 8x57 on my ticket !

2 young lads at the range on Friday night, their face when he first let a round away :D

my dad and i share the same rifles. i have his 22lr on my ticket and he has my rpa 22/250 and tikka 223 on his ticket. i would ring your firearms dept and tell them you want it adding on to your ticket.

Back