Available: Shoot Wild Boar for Meat in Cheshire 13 must go

It's clearly advertised as shooting for meat, no mention of hunting, canned or otherwise. Down my way you'd pay almost £300 for a butchered whole pig so £300 for a whole wild boar seems pretty good value not too mention you could easily use it to justify need for a bigger calibre rifle should you want one.

VSS

you could easily use it to justify need for a bigger calibre rifle should you want one.
I think this is perhaps the main attraction for some people. Pay a nominal sum to register for the "hunt", get a letter / receipt confirming your booking, and then in goes the variation with full documentary justification. Whether or not you then actually shoot the pig is neither here nor there.

CarlW

So do the usual rules on the slaughter of livestock apply? Are they tagged? I am certainly not allowed to invite strangers over to shoot their own wethers for meat in a paddock.

Kind regards,

Carl

It’s not a hunt at all .Its a wood with too many Boar in it they breed fast you know.So come and shoot one for meat.as it says in the advert.Nobody said stalk one for sport buy outing in Forest of Dean for that .Same link .But if you want a BBQ guaranteed shoot for Meat choose this option.

artschool

It’s not a hunt at all .Its a wood with too many Boar in it they breed fast you know.So come and shoot one for meat.as it says in the advert.Nobody said stalk one for sport buy outing in Forest of Dean for that .Same link .But if you want a BBQ guaranteed shoot for Meat choose this option.
its exactly as you describe. the guys who run the wood are very friendly and they are careful to get you into the seat quietly so as not to disturb the boar.

I shot one of these last year and it was delicious!