Shooting mans day out in London?

East Coast Lifeboat

Good Afternoon All,
I find myself in London for a training course with a weekend to fill.

What would be interesting to see whilst in the city from a shooting mans point of view. I'm a wildfowler, stalker, Lee Enfield collector, quality/vintage knife collector. I like militaria and antiques.

Any tips on relevant London shooting/sporting shops, good markets and museums very welcome?

Cheers.

Tim.243

Good Afternoon All,
I find myself in London for a training course with a weekend to fill.

What would be interesting to see whilst in the city from a shooting mans point of view. I'm a wildfowler, stalker, Lee Enfield collector, quality/vintage knife collector. I like militaria and antiques.

Any tips on relevant London shooting/sporting shops, good markets and museums very welcome?

Cheers.
IWM go to the WW1 section my Granddad was in one of those steel trees on display...
How he got through was a miracle but he did. Bless them all and William Robert

Tim.243

enfieldspares

In my younger days across from Evans was Churchill at the time it was part of the group that also owned Hardy's. And a quick stroll down Pall Mall found you Rigby then up Haymarket to Picaddilly and along and back to Cogswell and Harrison. In fact I walked in and bought a MAB P-15 from the firm's Piccadilly shop.

Frank Homes

Imperial War Museum is a good shout.

Holland & Holland at 31 Bruton Street, worth a look. Have spent many happy hours in there shoplifting - way too expensive to buy.
Unless it's changed since Beretta bought it Holland and Holland is hardly more than a clothes/fashion shop. Rigby's in sw8 might be worth a visit.

enfieldspares

You could have a coffee at Wilkes in Beak Street and muse on what has been lost! When I went there it was still a working gunmaker and you wiped your shoes on the way out! It was filthy dirty inside!

spannulman

As others have said, freemasons hall, especially if that is something you are familiar with, William Evans and the gun room upstairs at the beretta gallery. Borough market is excellent, the alpine deli does great wild boar and venison salami but there are loads of great stalls. The Croatian deli, another one that only does one type of French cheese. So many choices there.

Cordings is always worth a visit, and close to William Evans. A walk through horse guards is interesting. So much to see and do.