Shooting organisation and insurance

Pedro

Sorry ex firearms inspectors not your run of the mill police but the ones that that great delight in revoking certificates
So, casting allegations around here it seems. But maybe I'm wrong and you have a great depth of knowledge of this breed of ex- police inspectors that show great delight in taking firearms certificates off people. I guess you mean people who should have firearms and are safe to have them? Do tell us. We need to know who they are and why do they go from a job which wants to shaft firearms certificate holders to one that supports them.

mudman

Someone aske for an example of an insurance pay out. I will not go into details but a beaters dog was shot during a driven day, the animal made a full recovery but was minus one leg for the rest of its life. The gun was insured via BASC and the owner of the dog received quick payments from them not only for vets bills but also to cover the cost for a replacement fully trained dog. No hassle.

So, casting allegations around here it seems. But maybe I'm wrong and you have a great depth of knowledge of this breed of ex- police inspectors that show great delight in taking firearms certificates off people. I guess you mean people who should have firearms and are safe to have them? Do tell us. We need to know who they are and why do they go from a job which wants to shaft firearms certificate holders to one that supports them.
I am not casting anything it's a fact the he works for sacs inspector Fraser lamb.

Fraser lambs job was to do just that!

Hes not just a typical copper he was in Firearms licensing inspector stop trying to white wash it oh hes just a police constable . They guy who started this thread was asking what insurance he should take. My option is stay away from sacs. If your a sacs groupie good luck to you that's my opinion if anyone asks me about sacs I will tell the truth I was a sacs member from the days of Ian Clark.

Orion

Basc to my knowledge zero
Time to take the rose tinted off then:

BASC Firearms Department

And in case you missed this one along the way:

Ex-Police Chief Director of HR at BASC

Oh, and nearly forgot about Ex-Copper Gary Ashton being employed by BASC as well.

I’m not certain about the staffing numbers at either organisation, but I suspect that over time the ratio of ex-cops to civvies would be far higher at one - and it’s not the one you are advising people to steer clear of. ;)

BASC Firearms Department

Oh, and nearly forgot about Ex-Copper Gary Ashton being employed by BASC as well.

I’m not certain about the staffing numbers at either organisation, but I suspect that over time the ratio of ex-cops to civvies would be far higher at one - and it’s not the one you are advising people to steer clear of. ;)
firearms licensing inspector

Orion

firearms licensing inspector
No, that doesn’t wash. I queried how many ex-coppers worked for BASC, and you replied, “BASC to my knowledge zero”. So you were way wrong in that.

If you want to split hairs, then the former firearms licensing manager with BASC would have probably had more of a day-to-day, hands-on involvement in revoking licenses that the bogeyman ‘firearms licensing inspector’ you appear to be fixated with.

You may find this concept hard to swallow it s my opinion. Not yours . I THINK THERE IS A CONFLICT OF INTERESTS THERE YOU DONT NEED TO AGREE no matter what you say he worked for police Scotland firearms licensing. I personally will not be part of an organisation that would employ him the same as if he worked for the gun control network.i believe that there is a big conflict of interests . It's me who thinks that I am entitled to my opition

slider

BASC Firearms Department

Spot on, nobody better to help folk solve problems that those that know the system from the inside out. Poacher turned gamekeeper is not an unusual concept in any line of work. Last time I look changing career was perfectly legal.

Who remembers the panic when shooting rates were reintroduced into Scotland last year? Who help a great many shooters make sense of the system and understand the exemptions system = oh, ex Rating Assessors, wasn't that handy