Shooting organisation and insurance

I THINK THERE IS A CONFLICT OF INTERESTS THERE YOU DONT NEED TO AGREE no matter what you say he worked for police Scotland firearms licensing. I personally will not be part of an organisation that would employ him the same as if he worked for the gun control network.i believe that there is a big conflict of interests .

Yes, I’m sure everyone get’s it that it’s your opinion, but why isn’t the same true of the ‘real shooting org’ you are promoting? After all they do and have employed many more ex-coppers, including senior officers, some of whom have been directly involved in firearms licensing? Or have you had a personal run-in with Mr Lamb?

Spot on, nobody better to help folk solve problems that those that know the system from the inside out. Poacher turned gamekeeper is not an unusual concept in any line of work. Last time I look changing career was perfectly legal.

Agreed, but the org referred to does seem to have had a run of bad luck in some of those which they have employed?

Right your telling me that basc employ ex firearm licensing inspectors superintendent s ect from firearm licensing ok if that's the case I off from them aswell .what's the their names I will as colin sheldon tomorrow

This is getting stupid I dont care if his name was Donald duck. I have a problem with ex firearm licensing inspectors being employed by any org.

[QUOTE=".277, post: 1492114, member: 2168. I have a problem with ex firearm licensing inspectors being employed by any org.
[/QUOTE]

Then I think you will have a problem finding any shooting organisation that hasn't enlisted ex Police Firearms officers - either by direct employment or on a consultancy basis

Spot on, nobody better to help folk solve problems that those that know the system from the inside out. Poacher turned gamekeeper is not an unusual concept in any line of work. Last time I look changing career was perfectly legal.

Thinking on about this I suspect that there is a danger, particularly with firearms licensing, in that those previously administering the procedures may be predisposed to follow the rules and policies that applied in the force where they worked, and therefore try to maintain the status quo, rather than push the envelope on behalf of their newfound ‘clients’?

Last edited:
Thinking on about this I suspect that there is a danger, particularly with firearms licensing, in that those previously administering the procedures may be predisposed to follow the rules and policies that applied in the force where they worked, and therefore try to maintain the status quo, rather than push the envelope on behalf of their newfound ‘clients’?
He who pays the piper calls the tune

Perhaps all police officers, when they leave the force should be taken out the back of their headquarters and shot. Maybe (not convinced) that might satisfy you, .277. Save a bit in pension payments I guess. Anyway, if you have a problem with a particular person, I think you should either tell us what that is, or say nothing. Bandying a name about means nothing and he hasn't got a right of reply on here (I assume).

Orion, yes, things can be ingrained after a period, but many police officers, who genuinely as young men/women wanted to join the police to help people leave totally disillusioned with their former employers. So that can work both ways.

Perhaps all police officers, when they leave the force should be taken out the back of their headquarters and shot. Maybe (not convinced) that might satisfy you, .277. Save a bit in pension payments I guess. Anyway, if you have a problem with a particular person, I think you should either tell us what that is, or say nothing. Bandying a name about means nothing and he hasn't got a right of reply on here (I assume).

Orion, yes, things can be ingrained after a period, but many police officers, who genuinely as young men/women wanted to join the police to help people leave totally disillusioned with their former employers. So that can work both ways.
That's you option and you are entitled to it. I never said anything about shooting police.i can swallow a man who switches side as so easily one minute a poacher next a keeper.i was stunned when I got told hes taken unteen certificates from people now all of a sudden he will fight the police for injustices they do and hes was the one doing the injustices.like the doctor does not fill in the form for the health thing. The guidance says if they dont here anything in 3 weeks assume there is nothing wrong .No police Scotland ie him decided if we dont get a response we wont process the application. He made that decision in Scotland and it spreading south. It's not the law he just made it his law. This is who we are talking about a law unto himself

I think the decision to not renew certificates without a doctor's input for the whole of Scotland would have been made at a higher level than an inspector, it being a Force policy decision. Although for all I know he might have had a hand in it. But probably if he was an inspector in their firearms licencing department, he would be merely implementing that policy. But there, he would have no choice. However, I'm quite happy to defer to your greater knowledge of the situation (if that is the case).

That's you option and you are entitled to it. I never said anything about shooting police.i can swallow a man who switches side as so easily one minute a poacher next a keeper.i was stunned when I got told hes taken unteen certificates from people now all of a sudden he will fight the police for injustices they do and hes was the one doing the injustices.like the doctor does not fill in the form for the health thing. The guidance says if they dont here anything in 3 weeks assume there is nothing wrong .No police Scotland ie him decided if we dont get a response we wont process the application. He made that decision in Scotland and it spreading south. It's not the law he just made it his law. This is who we are talking about a law unto himself
And what did your mighty basc ( who apparently have zero police on thier payroll ....) do to fight it as a “ real “ shooting org ??

Look a lot of you guys are English and I am forgetting this fact when typing. English police forces seem to follow the law.POLICE SCOTLAND do as they please not what the law says. There was only him and 1 guy above him (superintendent)he was a chief inspector or was. My point is sasc knew all this and still employed him that why I wont support sasc . If people want to support sacs carry on.i wont because of the above.i not a basc groupie at least they can run courses ect .so to sum it up sacs employed a guy in Scotland who decided what the law would be regarding firearm applications on his personal whim ( God complex) and I dont thinks that right. The police know they can do what they want no one can afford 20 grand to take them to court and if they loose at court nothing happens to them so my moneys not going to pay scheming bastards like that.

Look a lot of you guys are English and I am forgetting this fact when typing. English police forces seem to follow the law.POLICE SCOTLAND do as they please not what the law says. There was only him and 1 guy above him (superintendent)he was a chief inspector or was. My point is sasc knew all this and still employed him that why I wont support sasc . If people want to support sacs carry on.i wont because of the above.i not a basc groupie at least they can run courses ect .so to sum it up sacs employed a guy in Scotland who decided what the law would be regarding firearm applications on his personal whim ( God complex) and I dont thinks that right. The police know they can do what they want no one can afford 20 grand to take them to court and if they loose at court nothing happens to them so my moneys not going to pay scheming bastards like that.
I see no reply as to what action basc took against this as a real shooting org ? Have you considered a career in the Labour Party ?

Their all in it for themselves not one org has taken this to court . One has employed the instigator though . Not labour treasonous bastards. UKIP member I said all I going to say on this .

Back