shooting rest for testing loads

david1976

I'm looking to get myself some form of shooting rest for testing loads with. A solid adjustable kind like here as opposed to bean bag types.

Does anyone have any experience of these and if so what type would you recommend?

Cheers

Thar

I made this rest myself for doing load development, but to be honest I have found a Harris prone bi-pod with a bean bag under the stock is just as good.

Best rgds

Tahr

Muir

I was asked to write a review of the Predator Rest a few years back. It's not a bad unit. It's main attribute is it's light weight but it's also it's detriment as a gusty wind will cause a noticeable vibration of the reticle over the target. I found that by placing my hand on the for end behind the front rest I could control it. Likewise, with light sporters: It just shot better groups with a hand behind the front rest.

All in all I like it quite a bit. I was given the unit I reviewed and so soon afterwards felt no loss when I gave it to a newbie shooter when I sold him one of my old Hornets. If I still had it I'd probably be using it.~Muir

http://www.jesseshunting.com/articles/guns/category8/98.html

david1976

Cheers for that, I think the wifes bought me one for my birthday at the end of the month so ill look forward to testing it out.

ejg

Thar said:
I made this rest myself for doing load development, but to be honest I have found a Harris prone bi-pod with a bean bag under the stock is just as good.

Best rgds

Tahr
Kev, you put some work into that.
well done.
edi

david1976

The good news is my shooting rest arrived today :) I was well chuffed as the sportsman guncentre said it was a pre-order for february so i wasn't expecting it until then. The bad news is, the wife is giving me it for my birthday so i have to wait until the 31st

:(

Trapper

I have a predator 50 from Bush wear . light easy to assemble , cost £50 ish
Not for heavy duty use , but It is a useful tool, especially when you get on the range and find some Knacker has removed the bean bags ect!.
Regards Trapper.