Shooting truck sale advice

ASHCROFT9491

After a bit of advice from you fine folks

I bought a Nissan Navara new but after 22 months I need to move it on and get something smaller for day to day etc

we buy anycar offer a fair price with values been crazy at present but it also had BFG put on it, a truckman hard top and 4x4 direct drawers with pull out tray all fitted which aren't reflected in their price

Would you sell private as is or split and sell the hardtop and tray then sell on

Swedish

Webuyanycar will offer you half the value after inspection, don't waste your time, or money. It seems the 'we buy' industry has tried to create an atmosphere of hassle/fear over selling your own car/house when in reality yes some people can be a pain but generally it's not too bad.

NullMac

That's not my experience of webuyanycar.

Sold them 2 cars. The price went up from the quote on the first car, and stayed the same on the second. Partly depends on how much detail you enter to get the quote in the first place. On the second car they offered us a price that wasn't far short of private and was certainly well ahead of "trade". If you say its clean and its not, then of course they are going to reduce the offer.

The other alternative would be motorway.co.uk. My mate sold his pickup through them last month. Slightly different in that they give you an estimate then dealers bid for the car, price is the top bid. Given the shortages, prices are great and they may reflect the value in the accessories. Dunno. He got £3k less than he paid for it 3 years ago on a ~£40k pickup !

The benefit of both of these guys is it is quick and free. If you don't like the number, don't sell. We did that on the last one, and we got 3 increase offers every week or so until the price was right for us.

There is a second hand car shortage, and limited new build slots with the potential for a chip shortage making that even worse.

Heym SR20

And we are getting added pressure from city councils bringing in low emission zones which if you live in a city make most cars over 5 years old pretty much prohibitive to run in a city.

bogtrotter

Remove the extras and sell the extras add nothing to second hand price of a car anyone who knows anything about cars will buy by book price and will try to knock something off for any faults or blemishes but you will be very lucky to get
someone to pay above rice for any added extras
Sad but true. But you will find a market for your extras if sold seperately

Sampo

Just a random thought - 'Why not rent it out to stalkers in the neighbourhood who doesn't have the space or money to afford one when they want to do either a long trip with guns (such as scotland) or just out for a day.' You can still use it along with others who could benefit from it. Not sure anout the legality/ insurance side of things, but it may work out.

Scandially

.....i have just sold my Golf GTD i bought three years ago for a grand less than it cost back then. Crazy times. 20210719_134447.jpg

mel b3

My son in law has just sold his fast as xxxx vw(I really don't know what it was) for 3k more than he payed for it a year ago, and he's sold it back to the garage that he bought it from . I couldn't get my head around that one.

jall55

Remove the extras and sell the extras add nothing to second hand price of a car anyone who knows anything about cars will buy by book price and will try to knock something off for any faults or blemishes but you will be very lucky to get
someone to pay above rice for any added extras
Sad but true. But you will find a market for your extras if sold seperately
Not true actually

Book is so high on cars and commercials now - in many instances its higher than list price - 2 years on.

Extras such as truck tops always add value

Post the details Ashcroft someone on here may be looking

243varmint

Second hand car prices are crazy.
2 lads where I work have sold thier cars for more than they owe on finance. They got quotes 3 months ago from Webuyanycar, one had gone up 3k.
So he's sold the car to them, cleared the finance and bought an ex post office van as a run about with cash in his back pocket. Crazy.

Shabz

I sold my 67 plate caddy van about three months ago for £10k. I paid £12500 for it two years and 70k miles ago. It was £9300 on webuyanyvan at the time that I sold it but now it’s nearly £11k on there. Crazy times.

I’ve just in the last two weeks bought a brand new hilux for £27000 and when I put it’s ref number in they said they’d give me 20500 for it? I know the VAT would come off it but I thought that was way low.

Scandially

There is a breakers some 25 miles from me with probably 50 Nivaras they scrapped after the embarrassing Spanish metal fiasco. People have been killed all over the world especially America where they paid out a fortune in law suits.