shootingcookie

Hi, my name is kevin and i have been married for 33 years, i was a beatkeeper on a 3,000 acer shoot in essex untill it closed and then i was offered a single handed keepers job in sussex that i took, but very sadly i had a very bad crash on a motor bike and could not work any more, now back in essex, i still help my son who's a keeper, i have three rifles a .22 , .222 , & 22.250 all i use still along with shotgun all i use one-handed as lost use of arm, thanks shootingcookie

Last edited:
hi, thanks, i did not realise it was to come up like this i thought it was for the boss's only not public, never mind it just shows how daft i am, thanks shootingcookie

Hi, my name is kevin and i have been married for 33 years, i was a beatkeeper on a 3,000 acer shoot in essex untill it closed and then i was offered a single handed keepers job in sussex that i took, but very sadly i had a very bad crash on a motor bike and could not do my job so i had to move back to essex wear i am now, i have lost the use of one arm and been bolted back togetter with metal and suffer from nerve pain due to pulling nerves away from my spine, so i do not work other than help my oldest son out a bit on his shoot as he is a keeper as well in essex close to my home,i have one dog, one shotgun & three rifles a .22 & .222 & a 22.250 , my car is a toyota hi-lux auto , well that enough i think, thanks shootingcookie [kevin]

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

You have joined the right place.

​Just be prepared to get ear ache of the mrs as this site is very addictive.

Good to hear you're still getting out shooting. I have a friend who lost his livelihood and pastimes in agriculture and gamekeeping because of an avoidable accident, and no payout ever really makes up for that. Welcome aboard !

Back