shot out T8

neil the plumber

Well.it has finally happened. A small hole has appeared in my .243 moderator. Question. Would I be as well returning the old mod and getting a replacement via the manufacturer, or would I be better off binning it and getting a different model. I appreciate I have to go through the rigmerol of a one for one variation. Are these things old hat, or do they hold there own against the newer stuff.
Many thanks neil

Tim.243

Well.it has finally happened. A small hole has appeared in my .243 moderator. Question. Would I be as well returning the old mod and getting a replacement via the manufacturer, or would I be better off binning it and getting a different model. I appreciate I have to go through the rigmerol of a one for one variation. Are these things old hat, or do they hold there own against the newer stuff.
Many thanks neil
I silver soldered a couple of holes up over a year ago for a mate on his T8....still going strong.
A coat of matt black and it looked very well.

Tim.243

EMcC

Do a part exchange with Jackson Rifle the importer, they allow quite a good % off of a new one against an old one.
That way you may not need a 1 for 1 variation !!

buck52

I replaced my T8 with Jacksons last year, you will get a healthy discount, about 40-60% if I remember and you just need to send a copy of your FAC.
Job done

palmer_mike

I replaced my T8 with Jacksons last year, you will get a healthy discount, about 40-60% if I remember and you just need to send a copy of your FAC.
Job done
AFAIK (although a straight swap would be a convenient solution) that would not be legal without a 1 for 1?

buck52

AFAIK (although a straight swap would be a convenient solution) that would not be legal without a 1 for 1?
I find it hard to believe that Jackson Rifles would subscribe to anything that constituted law breaking but I will ask them.

biffo

I sent my T4 back as a trade in a couple of weeks ago and 2days later had a new Atec CMM4 at a substantial discount . No variations.

palmer_mike

why query it and bring it to everybodys attention :(
You're right of course, it is a very sensible way around the ridiculous laws surrounding licensing of moderators. It just amuses me I suppose that so many don't seem to realise that swapping mods is not really allowed.

monarman

If the moderator is entered on your certificate as a t8 and 243 you will only need to do a one for one variation if you are changing make and/or caliber.
if it is enters as fullbore moderator and no caliber or makers name... Or if it is down as .30 cal moderator with no name then you should be able to straight swap. It all depends on the Rfd you deal with too.

if you've been happy with the t8 and you shoot consistently accurately with it then just send it back to jacksons and do the discount deal for a new one, therefore less hassle.

EMcC

You're right of course, it is a very sensible way around the ridiculous laws surrounding licensing of moderators. It just amuses me I suppose that so many don't seem to realise that swapping mods is not really allowed.
On the other hand perhaps they do know but prefer to ignore it and not make a fuss.

kes

Isnt it true that mods have only a makers (possibly) name on your cert and, since you are returning it to the Manufacturer, its safe to assume they can take it within the law. My T8 just says 'unknown'. Since NOTHING then changes on your cert, (no serial numbers) tell me how that is illegal or requires a 1 for 1? I am fairly sure the police wouldnt be bothered unless it was 2 for 1 offer !!!!!

EMcC

It would be the same procedure if you were sending something back for repair or exchange under warranty so long as the replacement was identical.

nicky-hoskins

I had a t8 it only lasted me 4 years it had a hole come in the top , 1 day i was out shooting with it on my 223 i had a shot the next thing i knew it was couple yards down the feild the thread went on the t8 to i would never touch 1 again even if it was given me i fancy a sl5 now the t8 are just to big and heavy now they was good years ago but theres better mods now on the market to buy

shaun22/250

i think you will find they get away with it because under the limited lifetime warranty on the T8 you can return your faulty T8 to be inspected for repair or replacement, if it is beyond repair a replacement of the same caliber is sent out and as there are no serial numbers on the T8 nothing changes on your cert. If the T8 had serial numbers on then this could not happen and a 1-1 would have to be applied for.

ss03947

Job done
Hi Buck, with the 40-60% discount, what did you pay for your new T8.?

I've a feeling I will be needing a new moderator before long.

Cheers,

SS.