Shot Placement

purdey24

I noticed an interesting photograph on the Forum of two roe does which had been shot, very expertly , in exactly the same place, straight through the shoulder.
In our area the game dealer will only pay half price for a deer shot this way on the basis that all the shoulder meat has been destroyed.
What he wants is a heart shot which is where most paper targets have the poi shown or perhaps a neck shot, not recommended.
Just wanted to know what opinions others may have on this.

If you don’t like it find another dealer , most of my deer are head or neck shot but I am stalking 2-3 days a week so get more practice than most ,

I very rarely shoot in the shoulder when I do it’s usually an accident I meant to heart shoot it lol
I don’t normally supply a dealer but prefer to butcher everything myself for friends and family spreading the word of how venison is so good to eat the game dealer around me knocks high % for damage

The only dealer I can use( Bigger ones are suspect I hear and take long while to pay)and is relatively local takes 30% off weight for shoulder shots.

I noticed an interesting photograph on the Forum of two roe does which had been shot, very expertly , in exactly the same place, straight through the shoulder.
In our area the game dealer will only pay half price for a deer shot this way on the basis that all the shoulder meat has been destroyed.
What he wants is a heart shot which is where most paper targets have the poi shown or perhaps a neck shot, not recommended.
Just wanted to know what opinions others may have on this.

Never encountered that problem with the game dealer, who are you using ?

Buck.

No problems with me as far as damage goes, flat rate for head, neck, shoulder, ribs. If the saddle or haunches are damaged then money will be deducted which is fare enough.

Sounds like we’re using the same dealers Boab, but if getting Saddle / haunch damage, your rifle must have some recoil, or visit spec savers ! :stir:

PS just pulling you leg ;)

Wouldn't it be good if we had a search box on here so we wouldn't have 2 posts on the same subject I'm sure if someone asked Admin they would be able to look into one!!!

Back