Should buying/selling be stopped due to CV

Lateral

If a box, or packaging does happen to be contaminated, then carefully disposing of the packaging, and most importantly, remembering NOT TO TOUCH YOUR FACE, ot, EYES, until you have washed your hands thoroughly, should be fine. It's airborne where it's very difficult to control/avoid.

Bavarianbrit

I sent a package to Paris 2 weeks ago tracking stated could not deliver as recipient did not accept it, bollox now the pack is back I have a letter in the letter box this morning stating they tried to deliver at 10.45 today and was not possible?? I was in the kitchen next to the front door on the net and no bell rang. IMO the drivers are shirking contact.

finnbear270

I sent a package to Paris 2 weeks ago tracking stated could not deliver as recipient did not accept it, bollox now the pack is back I have a letter in the letter box this morning stating they tried to deliver at 10.45 today and was not possible?? I was in the kitchen next to the front door on the net and no bell rang. IMO the drivers are shirking contact.
They are always doing it, don't even take time to knock / ring or even put a card in.

glasshalffull

Again I shall try to explain, the government are not trying to stop this pandemic but are trying to slow it down. It won't/, can't be stopped, but if slowed then the NHS can function and save more lives. The economy should not be halted that would be doubly disastrous, so my vote is to remain trading and give the shops a lifeline here ;)

griff

R22 makes a valid point.
The Virus could be transmitted on any surface if the conditions are right,and now with the weather warming it is likely to to have a longer period in which it is still contagious, plus there is also the possibility of it cross contaminating other parcels within the distribution depot..

Essex stalker

The general opinion is that the virus can last 2 to 3 days on a solid surface such as plastic however its tends to be a lot less on carboard and absorbent materials therefore if it takes a couple of days to come from the supplier then the chances are the virus would have expired by the time you receive it

Kjm041

We bought bought a book for my young son (so solid pages). Used dettol on every page first. Threw out the packaging and washed hands whilst not touching our faces. Probably not necessary but not difficult to do

Klenchblaize

I beleive they are instructed to?

On Monday I was awaiting delivery of my Daughter's Birthday present so positioned myself and work-day laptop close to our front door. I wasn't out of my seat when I heard the white van approaching but by the time I got to the door it was just in time to see Phoebe's new watch hit the ground as it was thrown from from an open window on to the drive!

K

cjm1066

There is clearly a minor risk, but Boris can stop them if he wants to.

Personally I can work from home and maintain my income, the delivery drivers and gun shops probably welcome the trade. Where we can I think it helpful to keep money circulating.

VSS

I was chatting with a delivery driver yesterday. He was very proud to be considered an "essential worker", but said there had been some hassle online from people saying that delivery drivers should not be coming to people's houses at this time. His answer to these people was very simple: "If you don't want me to come to your house then stop f****** ordering stuff!"

(Incidentally, he brought us 40kg of bread flour, so I think he's a hero! We're good to batten down the hatches for a long while now!)

CarlW

I was chatting with a delivery driver yesterday. He was very proud to be considered an "essential worker", but said there had been some hassle online from people saying that delivery drivers should not be coming to people's houses at this time. His answer to these people was very simple: "If you don't want me to come to your house then stop f****** ordering stuff!"

(Incidentally, he brought us 40kg of bread flour, so I think he's a hero! We're good to batten down the hatches for a long while now!)
I suspect delivery drivers (by helping people to stay at home) will probably save as many lives as a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare worker. Who'd-a-thunk that some anonymous blokes in vans, earning minimum wage, would end up as national heros.