Show me yours (custom builds)

Semi-custom Mauser 66 - 308 Win.
Barrel is ~21in and the telescopic bolt makes it overall ~9cm shorter again than other bolt actions.
EAW pivot mounts with a 6x42 Zeiss.
Recently commissioned a new stock from Germany which was fitted and finessed in the UK (below).
Given it's a switch barrel platform there's the option for additional barrels in the same bolt face.
Does sub-inch groups with factory ammunition.

Attachments

• M66_2a.JPG
    M66_2a.JPG
    554.2 KB · Views: 66
  • M66_2b.JPG
    M66_2b.JPG
    459.4 KB · Views: 66
  • M66_2c.JPG
    M66_2c.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 65
Barrel is ~21in and the telescopic bolt makes it overall ~9cm shorter again than other bolt actions.
Recently commissioned a new stock from Germany which was fitted and finessed in the UK (below).
Given it's a switch barrel platform there's the option for additional barrels in the same bolt face.
Lovely. What is the name of the stock maker out of interest?

Lovely. What is the name of the stock maker out of interest?
The stock was made by Alan Hadijo (Schaftwerk – Feine Edelholzschäfte für Jagdwaffen). He's a pretty amenable guy who's more than happy to make something that meets your requirements. I wanted a Roe buck in the pistol grip cap and a matching tip for example. It took a while longer to receive than he initially stated but he was having difficulties. I didn't mind waiting anyway as I had other things to get on with.

The fitting and finessing (gold oval, inlet sling studs and fitting) was done by Lee Butler (Testimonials - Lee Butler Gunmaker). A few refinements were required which I was anticipating because the 66 stocks can be slightly variable in terms of the stock inletting, and hole alignments as design changes were made during production of the rifle. Some barrels for example, had a recoil lug by the chamber whereas later ones (I think) didn't, instead just using an integrated positioning lug further down the barrel. I don't think you'd have such a problem on another platform like Blaser though. (?)

Tweedledee & Tweedledum...

Ready for Nov1
top, 300WM Proof 24"
bottom, 6.5CM 20" Hardy

SsT5CYI.jpg

edi
Tweedledee & Tweedledum...

Ready for Nov1
top, 300WM Proof 24"
bottom, 6.5CM 20" Hardy

SsT5CYI.jpg

edi
Great combo covers all bases. Not bad stocks either.😉
thats some lovely walnut there

I’m on my second full custom and also have the semi custom tikka.
I love them both in their own right.
Full custom is obviously very nice, but if you’ve got a decent factory action you can have just as good rifle built off that in theory. My advice would be research your components, and try and get your hands on an action and stock that you fancy first. Defiantly get hands on the stock that you want, as that’s a very personal choice.
Be prepared to wait awhile to as these things take months.
6.5 SAUM Bighorn action.
6x47L Tikka
IMG_1857.jpegIMG_20180406_152545876_Original.jpeg

Full custom is obviously very nice, but if you’ve got a decent factory action you can have just as good rifle built off that in theory. My advice would be research your components, and try and get your hands on an action and stock that you fancy first. Defiantly get hands on the stock that you want, as that’s a very personal choice.
6.5 SAUM Bighorn action.
6x47L Tikka
View attachment 369202View attachment 369203

Just purely out of interest where/who sources the Manners stock? I really like the bighorn/zermatt actions.

6.5 SAUM Bighorn action.
6x47L Tikka
That Manners is very nice indeed!

Wouldn’t mind one of them…

K.H

6.5 SAUM Bighorn action.
6x47L Tikka
Hi, hopefully this is not a daft question - I'm reading through this thread with interest & new to custom rifles.... from what I can see (with the help of google) the Manners stock is the composite in the first photo I think?

I love the look of the wooden stock & action on the second photo - what are they please?

Hi, hopefully this is not a daft question - I'm reading through this thread with interest & new to custom rifles.... from what I can see (with the help of google) the Manners stock is the composite in the first photo I think?

I love the look of the wooden stock & action on the second photo - what are they please?

I’m not the owner of the rifle but as a self confessed geek. That would be a Gary Cane custom stock and a Tikka T3. He is a U.K. based stock maker.

Scotch Egg would indeed be correct.

They are!
I’d probably go for one of their long range hunters next time.
I have a defiance sitting in the LRH. Im struggling to think of a bad thing to say about the LRH. It’s incredibly light. I must weight it soon. Perhaps the one down side is the ARCA rail, if that’s not your thing. You can take it off, but the stock looks odd without it.

If Manners added the flush pic rail from the pro hunter stock to the LRH, I think it would be hard to beat.

Back