sighting in 6 x mag scope

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope

pj1

Hi there. I have a 6x magnification scope and find it a lot easier to sightin and shoot well at 75 yards rather than 100 yards. As long as I work out the bullets trajectory to be inch high at 100 (where I want it) then is there any problem sighting in at the shorter distance. Any thoughts gratefully received
Regards pete

jcampbellsmith

Pete

There's no problem, but I always think it's worth firing a group at the longest range you might ever want to shoot. The second thing to think about is the style of target you use. I shot the attached group with a 6 x 42 scope.

Regards

​JCS

bewsher500

as above
zeroing is one thing and theoretical drop is good but I tend to shoot at 100 and then test at 200 and 275 (just the furthest I can shoot at the place I normally test)

these targets are perfect for low mag scopes at range

the cross hairs of a 4 or duplex reticule fit perfectly between the black

cross-5.gif

Pete

There's no problem, but I always think it's worth firing a group at the longest range you might ever want to shoot. The second thing to think about is the style of target you use. I shot the attached group with a 6 x 42 scope.

Regards

​JCS

Excellent shooting John, were you aiming at the vertical lines :)

Muir

Hi there. I have a 6x magnification scope and find it a lot easier to sightin and shoot well at 75 yards rather than 100 yards. As long as I work out the bullets trajectory to be inch high at 100 (where I want it) then is there any problem sighting in at the shorter distance. Any thoughts gratefully received
Regards pete

Use a bigger target.:rolleyes: ~Muir

stag1933

This is the target type I use for sighting in and for the stalkers shoots which I ran for many years.
I shoot on my 100 yard range. [ One inch squares. ]
HWH.

Arbshot

All the above use a target like I do, black bracketing white aim point, that way you can see your reticule, magnification aside.

Territory Hunting