Sightron 4-20x50

Greener Jim

Reading good things about the S-tac 4-20x50 (and the 3-16x42) and at £460 a real bargain, anyone got one?

Last edited:

Ah8217bris

I had a stac and found it good apart from tactical knobs wouldnt stay still....have read a recent review here of somebosy experiencing full rotation whilst in transit.

Ah8217bris

Mine didnt come with caps.....were exposed turrets. In my opinion look at delta titanium hd 2.5-15 .....if you shop around £580-600 new and reviews on here are excellent.....cant beat on value

hairlesshunter

Hi Jim I have the 4-20x50 s tac and it comes with caps works very Will with add-on nv wardy 800l for £430 New it's not bad at all and a very good customer service
Craig

scoie

ive the 2.5-17 and really like it , on my ward 800 its very good but these seem great value for money to be fair , anyone compared the two versions?
rgds
Craig

hairlesshunter

ive the 2.5-17 and really like it , on my ward 800 its very good but these seem great value for money to be fair , anyone compared the two versions?
rgds
Craig
It would be interesting to see but I think you should have the edge within the 2·5-17x56 as it would allow more light over the 4-20x50 Cheers Craig

liongeorge

whats the clarity on them like at full mag,plus what they like at last light.
I have two S-Tac 2.5 x 17 s one has the exposed turrets and fine reticle on a 17 Hornet and the other is with a 4A ret and low profile capped turrets. The exposed turret one I have caught the windage by accident once on my gun slip and spun it without knowing which took a bit of working out but I am now carefull about this. The other is an awesome affordable stalking scope that not many people know about as it is not advertised but is available here. (AIM although importers don't even list it even though they can supply it at a week or sos notice!

https://sightronusa.com/index.php/product/s-tac2-5-17-5x56ir4a/

As to low light, I compared mine with a S&B PM2 and a Docter Unipoint , both 56mm quality scopes and there was less than a fag paper between them. Had them all in a row looking at a picture of a deer against a dull background and watched as it got dark. I recon there was little or no time difference betweebn the 3 that I could have taken last light shot. g

mealiejimmy

I have an S-TAC 2.5-17.5 x 56 and one of the newer (and much cheaper) S-TAC 3-16x42
The price difference is primarily down to the more expensive scope having ED glass and the cheaper one not having ED glass.
The cheaper scope is good value for money, but the more expensive scope is fantastic values for money and the best NV add-on scope I've ever used.
With a Ward D700/800 type add-on and a decent illuminator you can wind the mag up to x 17.5 and still get an excellent picture
With the same add-on and the same illuminator I can't get the mag on the 3-16x42 to give a usable picture above x12.
That's still excellent performance compared to many scopes, but it does show the benefit of a larger objective lens and top quality glass.

Cheers

Bruce

Greener Jim

Thanks for the input guys, sure sounding good so long as I make sure I have the turret caps!

I am also interested in what Bobby asked since a mate has a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA which he's getting rid of.