Sightron scope

bicykillgaz

Hi,
I've currently got a Swarovski 8x50 on my .22lr but fancy something with more mag for target shooting. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a sightron 6-24x50 but don't want to compromise on decent glass. What's the general view of sightron and how does the glass compare to "top" glass?

Cheers

Gary

dodgyrog

I use a Swaro 4 power to good effect - I don't see why more is needed unless you're shooting benchrest.

bicykillgaz

Because you can't see how your grouping at 100yrds on 4x mag without a spotting scope, well not unless you've got superhuman vision you can't anyway.

bobby18

Sold a sightron s111 a few weeks back,went back to fix mag,thought it was a very good scope,glass wise thought it was on par with meopta meopro.

scoie

I have the sightron stac and rate it highly , had the 6-18 meopro and to me the glass is better with the sightron, but that's just my eyes , I would say the build quality and movement of the dials is better however on the meopro. if ever in Gloucester area you are more than welcome to have a look through my sightron,
Before the sightron I had a docter 8x56 illuminated and loved it but for a little more mag the sightron provides I'm over the moon
rgds
craig

bicykillgaz

Thanks for that mate, I'm wondering if the MeoPro 6-18x50sf would be a better option although it's only 25mm tube so would need inserts or new mounts.

Erik Hamburger

I use two Sightron S11 fixed 6x42 (.22 Air rifle and .243W deer rifle) - production of which is no sadly discontinued, due the the fashion for variable scopes- and the are excellent, hold their zero and have been very good value for money compared to the top Brands.

bewsher500

I know have three

very clear on high mag unlike many other mid range scopes

I use a 3-10x56 IR on my .222
a 6-25x50 on my 300wm
and now an 8-32x50 on my 6mm BR

for the money I am not sure what you can buy to compete with them

better than Zeiss Conquest I had

Wrens Mews

I've got 12+ now of the 6-24 run them on everything from 22lr through to 50bmg. Suit my eyes and get on very well with them. Glass is better than my NF but not up to IORs

bewsher500

Better than NightForce??
Personally I would agree.
not that impressed with nf glass at high mag on the models I have had first hand experience of.

fit and finish might be better in some models, some options like zero stop etc also good.
bit they love and die by glass quality

sauer

I had an S-tax sightron & compared to a newer NF nxs 5x25x56 I think it was the NF was easily better glass.... 3 of us agreed including my wife who started the topic , she was having a go at centre fires for 1st time & commented after Using S-tac first , that NF was lot better , do of course we all had a gander and yes nightforce cleaner & better glass
Agreed older stuff not as good but newer Nightforce glass very good

Paul

Gunner223

I have one ,6-24-50 great scope and the dot in the middle of the ret seems to zero on the target easier than other scopes ive had.

Border

I know have three

very clear on high mag unlike many other mid range scopes

I use a 3-10x56 IR on my .222
a 6-25x50 on my 300wm
and now an 8-32x50 on my 6mm BR

for the money I am not sure what you can buy to compete with them

better than Zeiss Conquest I had
Hi Ed.
Is the BR finished yet?

Border

proof and fit stock I believe

sadly the latter part is down to me to pull my finger out as I am building an AI clone in Viper skins for it!
Don't forget to post pics when done. Mine is at gunsmiths getting McMillan Game Warden bedded.

Sorry for post Hijack.

MarkT

Hi,
I've currently got a Swarovski 8x50 on my .22lr but fancy something with more mag for target shooting. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a sightron 6-24x50 but don't want to compromise on decent glass. What's the general view of sightron and how does the glass compare to "top"

You could check out sharpshootinguk on youtube, Rich Utting has reviewed his fair share of scopes .Just a suggestion.

Mark