Sika call

Kjf

Tricky I could wrong mate.( my wife says I'm never right lol) But I dont think it's legal to use electronic calls for deer.

Kjf

Hook'N'Bullet

dlz90

No calling for hunting allowed in Ireland - photography only.
It's even debatable if you could whistle like one that this would be allowed!
Yeah I think you can legally use them for photography purposes etc but not for hunting. Could be worse, boys in Ireland cant use mouth calls at all

You know well I didn't lol though I am from the North of the country and still under UK law I presumed calling fox deer with the exception of birds was legal it never a dull day when you learn something cheers fellas lol.

Hook'N'Bullet

You know well I didn't lol though I am from the North of the country and still under UK law I presumed calling fox deer with the exception of birds was legal it never a dull day when you learn something cheers fellas.
Foxes and ducks are fair game in Ireland for calling. Deer is the no no. I don't fully understand the reasons but sure look....yes Mr. Officer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dunwater

You know well I didn't lol though I am from the North of the country and still under UK law I presumed calling fox deer with the exception of birds was legal it never a dull day when you learn something cheers fellas lol.
In Ireland wildlife photography is included in the definition of hunting, so no calling. However.......pretty much every wild life ranger is permanently attached to an office chair so the chances of being caught are only slightly greater than zero.

Hook'N'Bullet

In Ireland wildlife photography is included in the definition of hunting, so no calling. However.......pretty much every wild life ranger is permanently attached to an office chair so the chances of being caught are only slightly greater than zero.
Whats the reason for it being illegal?

dunwater

Whats the reason for it being illegal?
Apparently some very wise and ethical people recommended that calling be banned as it was " unsporting" , the minister of the day was only too happy to accede to the request.
There might just be a germ of truth in it, stags can be downright dumb when responding to a call, I've had them in to slapping distance a fair few times. Reaction to the call can be pretty dramatic, some of them will run straight in from 500M +, but I've also seen them gather up their hinds and just tip toe away.

Hook'N'Bullet

I wonder if anybody has had any run ins with the police/game wardens for using one. As you said, game wardens are usually not present