Sika spotted near Hawick/A68

Ranger22

Any sightings/confirmation of Sika being present around Eskdalemuir ?
Sika are round Eskdalemuir. A large stag was shot a good few years ago by Ronnie Rose. That was the very first to be shot there. It was during the rut so presumably hinds weren’t far away. I saw another stag in a valley below Ettrick Pen, one of the Shotton foresters saw some too. This was all twenty years or so ago but if they were there then they will be there now.

PKL

Pwo
Sika are round Eskdalemuir. A large stag was shot a good few years ago by Ronnie Rose. That was the very first to be shot there. It was during the rut so presumably hinds weren’t far away. I saw another stag in a valley below Ettrick Pen, one of the Shotton foresters saw some too. This was all twenty years or so ago but if they were there then they will be there now.
people in the borders for some reason unbeknownst to mankind refuse to believe they are there..I suspect they have Roe-myopia or simply don’t visit the areas where sika reside (where there’s peace and quiet)! Or, don’t stay out late enough to see them.

They’re here alright

Von

As stated by the Ronald Rose (FC) at the last Deer Management meeting. The main evidence the FC are collating on migration is that Sika are migrating from the Tweed Valley in a South Westerly direction.

The fourth Horseman

As stated by the Ronald Rose (FC) at the last Deer Management meeting. The main evidence the FC are collating on migration is that Sika are migrating from the Tweed Valley in a South Westerly direction.
Handled a hybrid 15 years ago shot to the West of Wanlockhead holding Hinds. He was not a young beast so Sika were out towards Galloway then. Also shot a stag(spiker) in Wester Essenside 5 years before that. The late Ken McArthur who stalked Reds and Roe from Lockerbie to Newton Stewart told me he had shot a stag near Castle Milk in the 70's and Dawyck is a fair way from there. Dawyck being where Sika sprung from during WW2.

Von

Handled a hybrid 15 years ago shot to the West of Wanlockhead holding Hinds. He was not a young beast so Sika were out towards Galloway then. Also shot a stag(spiker) in Wester Essenside 5 years before that. The late Ken McArthur who stalked Reds and Roe from Lockerbie to Newton Stewart told me he had shot a stag near Castle Milk in the 70's and Dawyck is a fair way from there. Dawyck being where Sika sprung from during WW2.