Sika Whistling

Yorric

Was up in the forest today & a sika was whistling away quite merrily. This is the first one I've heard this year. (we don't have very many around here). -- Great to hear them - so wild & intense!!

Anyone else hearing them currently?

Ian

Wheesht!

Hi Yorric,

Yes, hearing them infrequently over here too.

My dogs love it, and love waking me up at all hours to tell me too!

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
No sika round here :(

Looking forward to getting up there in October and hearing them... makes the hairs stand up on the back of the neck! :cool:

tom308w

Swarovski the first time you hear them whistling is a bit eerie and you won't forget it Atb Tom

tom308w

John your in prime position to hear them from the garden hope you and Sheila ok will see you at Kelso Tom

Wheesht!

They're just starting to show themselves now too. Got a goid look at two stags the night before last. Haven't seen them at all 'til now - they're like ghosts!

Canbull

a few have started in Wicklow yesterday and a buddy of mine could have shot one. he watched it for a while, the neck wasnt fully up but it was covered in muck from a nearby wallow.

jamross65

heard the first whistle last year in third week of August, first time ever before September! Been out a lot recently and heard nothing. Wallows and scrapes starting to appear though...

​real drop in temperature now with us so hopefully we will hear them shortly...