Single shot break action’s K95’s and others similar .. ..

deeangeo

Well, of course I have one, a K95, others out there must have them, or a similar equivalent.
I’d never, ever part with mine and I’ve had the pleasure of its company since 2003.
Not a single factory round has ever been fired in it, all rounds have been handloaded by me and it’s always been accurate.

Yup, OK, I had the stock work loose twice which required my prompt attention, but aside from that, absolutely no issue at all in any respect....

So, does anyone out there feel similar or otherwise ???
Comments would maybe make an interesting read.

Claret_Dabbler

I have coveted one for years, but the near mandatory need for a mod these days renders it impractical.

Feel the same way about Stutzens.

Heym SR20

I have a Joseph Hambrusch of Ferlach built combination gun in 16 over 7x65R. As far as stalking goes its a single shot break action gun. It's my goto gun of choice, accurate, light and easy to transport.

I have added to it over the last ten years, and it now has an Einstecklauf barrel also in 7x65R that goes into the 16 bore barrel to give me a double rifle for Boar shooting. Its existing 6x42 Zeiss scope has complimented with a 1-6x24 Docter scope, also in claw mounts.

With a 26" barrel, noise is not really an issue.

I have looked at the K95's and just don't like them - every one I have handled is just too short for my liking - both in the barrel and stock, and I don't like the hogs back, squared Germanic style of cheek piece, and I also don't like the coatings that are applied to barrel, action and stock. I much prefer traditional rust blue and oiled stock.

Saying all of the above, I do like the simplicity of a break action single shot, and the ability to load and unload silently.

Jagare

I like single shot rifles. I bought my Heym-Ruger in 1979 and killed a mass of deer with it. I could live with a K95 or a Merkel break action but the Krieghoff Hubertus is lovely looking rifle.
I'll be out with my Merkel combi on Thursday, the start of our roe buck season. Single shot and double rifle I love them.

User00025

Another couple of hours and mine is going for a walk. K77 Blaser with magna ported barrel and 3-10 Leupold on top in 30R Blaser calibre. Very light, kicks like a Mule, flattens anything with chest shots and to get your hands on it you would have to kill me.

Southern

Browning B78 .3006
Remington rolling block (3 of them )
JP Sauer 20ga /7x57R
Gustloff 16ga /8x57IRS
Ruger No 1. .280 Rem
Have had a Ruger No.1 RSI in .270 Winchester. Friend has it now.

Last edited:

Toots

I have a bit of a hankering for a Haenel Jaeger 9 (not in the financial league for a Blaser, nice as it would be).

User00025

I have a bit of a hankering for a Haenel Jaeger 9 (not in the financial league for a Blaser, nice as it would be).

Was looking at buying one in 7 x 57 and got fed up waiting. Then my S/H K77 appeared on the rack so changed my mind as after haggling I got it for similar money.

alberta boy

bolts and magazine comes in handy carrying devices so this never happens.....

they are called "rifles"!
:D

Ha ......... or are they single shots with a convenient place to store your ammo .......... mind blown . By the way , I have a disturbing level of addiction to single shots of any kind .......... and bolt actions , semi autos , O/U 's , SXS 's .
On further reflection , I'm just disturbing .

AB

deeangeo

The non stutzen K95 is now available without iron sights, and thread cut. Don't know if that's good, or bad news for you ? :D

Thread cut! That's terrible! Such a shocking thing to even consider a mod on a K95 or any other break-action rifle, hell! I get nausious even thinking about it. Need a shot of malt now...medicinal of course.

I have an Octagonal Mag-na-ported barrel on my K95....dreadful for anyone beside me, but a great help for seeing quarry reaction to shot.
When I spec'ed my rifle in early 2003, I listed the butt stock 'magazine', however, it was a mistake for a number of reasons and is little used.
I should have had a 'kickstop' instead, useful I think for heavier calibre barrels. But hey, live and learn.
At the time I bought mine, I had to travel to Tain and speak to Gregor for advice as there was no one I could find in England knew enough about these rifles.
The UK importer at the time (Beechwood Equpt) was absolutely useless, worse than useless!

Last edited:

I use mine on crisp frosty mornings when I'm glad of ear muffs or for pure spot and stalk. Used it to train my son on safe rifle handling.
Although it brings a smile to my face I view it as a bit of fun and would rather something else in my hands for a hard shot under pressure. Thats down to weight alone - I find the ergonomics (I have the straight comb stock) perfect.

Toots

Was looking at buying one in 7 x 57 and got fed up waiting. Then my S/H K77 appeared on the rack so changed my mind as after haggling I got it for similar money.

Viking are now waiting on one in just this calibre (7x57R) for me to have a gander at in local RFD in Summerbridge. Could be a month or two though but I'm in no rush, it's been in the think tank for quite a while now :D

Andy-shooter

Will everyone please stop saying how much they enjoy their kipplaufs! I would dearly love one but everything I can find in the dealers is in a calibre I couldn’t live with and I can’t find any used ones at all.

I may just start taking the barrel off my Mauser M03 to reload rather than using the bolt.

Last edited: