Sleeping high Seat / Kanzel idea’s , suggestions wanted

David E

Hi everyone !!

First off all I want to apologize for my English!!!
It’s not really a high seat what I ‘m after to build but more a cabin , or like they say in German a “jagd kanzel”, don’t know the right English name for it.

If you have any special suggestions on design, materials, windows, mosquito protection......what to use or what definitely not to use .... any suggestions are welcome

Building plans maybe ....

I want to build something where you can sit with 2 persons and the possibility to sleep if you stay all night. A good system with windows and moon blends and for summer times the possibility to keep the little stinging basterds out

If I find anything useful on other sites or photos I will post them in this thread also

Main hunting is wild boar and deer in Belgium on a small hunting ground

Greetings,

David

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi everyone !!

First off all I want to apologize for my English!!!
It’s not really a high seat what I ‘m after to build but more a cabin , or like they say in German a “jagd kanzel”, don’t know the right English name for it.

If you have any special suggestions on design, materials, windows, mosquito protection......what to use or what definitely not to use .... any suggestions are welcome

Building plans maybe ....

I want to build something where you can sit with 2 persons and the possibility to sleep if you stay all night. A good system with windows and moon blends and for summer times the possibility to keep the little stinging basterds out

If I find anything useful on other sites or photos I will post them in this thread also

Main hunting is wild boar and deer in Belgium on a small hunting ground

Greetings,

David

welcome,, something like this perhaps.

should give you a few ideas and inspirations.

Used to be a Hunting Bothy (for want of a better term) very like this just off one of the fields near me that I am allowed to hunt/shoot over and have LONG fancied having something like this myself...

If sighted well and built with quality materials that blend in with the surroundings, not only would it be a great place to have an uncluttered view over a good deer spot but what a marvelous "Slippery Elm" to disappear off into whenever home-life gets a bit fraught eh? Mind you, that could mean I'd likely be there like a second home.. Hahahahahaaaaa!!.. Would need a comfy bed and a small wood stove in mine though methinks.

Wonder how long one could live like that before the local Council gets a whiff and then wants to charge freakin' Council Tax though??

One can but dream .......

ATB ..... and shoot safely

Doesnt need to be complicated just as long as its big enough to lie down in. Windows help keep out the bad weather, and make sure walls have some form of insulation. I’ve spent a couple of nights in one through middle of a snow storm. Windows opened inwards and upwards. It worked perfectly. It was a squally night with snow showers with zero vis. I had spent the night before in a small cabin on a ferry with two fellow hunters. A night in a high seat was bliss. Mattress on floor, warm down sleeping bag. Dropped off at c9am. 10am snow started. Could nt see a thing so lay down and went fast asleep. 3am I woke up. Wind had stopped. So had snow and i could hear something. I peeked out of the window - abig black piggy looking shape on the snow. Eased open window. Line up cross hair and squeezed trigger. A squeel and it ran headling in a death run into edge of wood.

under strict orders to not go and look for anything till morning. Rolled over and went back to sleep. Woken by the rest of the crew at 6.30. Boris the Boar was dead ten yards into the wood.

his skin is on the floor keeping my feet warm as I write.

Hi

Thanks for al the info already, also got some nice pics thru email ( too big to post here)

Also found a site with nice drawings which you can further finish as you like but a good point to start from:

The beginning :

779819914880f8307010e2d30f33c7ee.jpg
183787ac876f20efa6c492fd2b1d2132.jpg

Back