Slings

VanGogh76

Out at work this evening walking around the estate when all of a sudden my rifle dropped off my shoulder, luckily I was loosely holding my bipod which spun it round and landed butt end down on the stock extender rather than the barrel. Looks like after 4 years of abuse it'd finally given up.

Looking for a new one now, got to take a fairly heavy rifle loaded with nv and additional torch ir. What do you recommend?

Puds

Butler Creek ‘comfort stretch’; grippy, wide & comfy, and not too badly priced.

I have just got a Roetex Pro Hunter three point sling. Takes a little getting used to but really comfortable and secure on the shoulder. You have to take the time to practice with it and it becomes second nature setting up and re-fitting. But as the saying goes one mans meat is another mans poison. TP

T.eddie

ive got the 3hgr harness sling, havent field tested yet but initial impressions once fitted for check were that it was supportive and easy to use (after the faff of getting the sizing right with all the bits where you want them) I went with this one due to not liking the one shoulder approach, not because it hurt my shoulder in anyway but having to be wary of it slipping off
the one benefit to this sling seems vs other multipoint ones is that the release buckles seem to be very quiet which would be a plus out and about

NickJ

Without a roesack I prefer a Niggeloh rucksack sling. With the roesack I use a Z-aim as it allows the rifle to sit alongside the roesack better.

For the hill I use a Vorn Lynx.

VanGogh76

Thanks for the suggestions, I might go for another quake as I won't be using it much outside of the truck, already have a z aim three point which I use for long stalks.

Never got on the vorn range due to my t rex arms, which is a shame as I have seen lads use them really quickly and effectively

Sandyb

I've got the heavy strapped Tab Gear sling. Exceptionally well make and no reliance on stitching to neoprene...

Koenig

I am on a Red Kettle. Basic, but very well made and lightweight. There is a newer version with some sort of quick release system which looks interesting. I may buy one.