Slivovitz

Freightdog

Freezer space is an issue. It's often full of venison and fish.
If I say 'get another freezer', you'll say 'no room in the house'. If I say 'get a bigger house', you'll say 'no room in the bank'! :rofl:
There's just no pleasing some people😔

Freightdog

Tell me about it! I got a third one for venison & game.... but the OH has also filled that one with bread/cake/milk.....🙄

biffo

Distilling any alcoholic drink is illegal in uk apart from home brew beer because that is just fermented and not distilled.
Ah, actually, you are legally allowed to distill something like 1500litres of alcohol a year, no more…..for running your motor car.
my cars all run on gin….🤣…..and yours will run on slivovitz.

Ronin

Distinguished Member
Rocket fuel for the damned

Spent many a “happy hour” sharing this fine aperitif during “interesting” evenings at the CZ tactical comps

Some of the Slovaki guys brews were almost industrial potency 🙈

Mick9abf

From personal experience avoid Sleepinaditch like the plague!! Next time we see each other I’ll tell you exactly why…..

sh1kar

Distilling any alcoholic drink is illegal in uk apart from home brew beer because that is just fermented and not distilled.

What we used to do as students to get a higher alcohol level close to spirit is to make the wine and then pour into large roasting tins and put in the freezer. The water freezes but the alcohol doesn't. Take out of freezer allow to thaw a tad then strain off the liquid. All perfectly legal. Excellent stuff but you also concentrate the aldehydes so hangover can be a bit brutal
S

sauer

Plum gin , plum voddy , plum whisky

If your freezers full you need to
A. Eat out of it more often
B. Start “ canning”

Feugh

Plum gin , plum voddy , plum whisky

If your freezers full you need to
A. Eat out of it more often
B. Start “ canning”
Venison two or three nights per week, Paul. Giving it away too. I just keep it topped up though, just in case.

gixer1

Odd you should mention this! I heavily cut back one of my plum trees last year and it had a great crop last year and it shows a bumper crop this year - it’s a Victoria plum tree….

Yet my other Avalon plum trees which are about 50 feet away have nothing on them - but they had a bumper crop last year!

Victoria -

D5CD59BE-3818-4787-8811-31805124DC75.jpeg

Avalon -

97CD9A01-A364-40A1-B276-D831790A8B84.jpeg

The apple trees are a bit weird as well
As one has a large crop starting but the ones either side (same type) have nothing…🤔

Also in Aberdeenshire!

Regards.
Gixer

Feugh

Odd you should mention this! I heavily cut back one of my plum trees last year and it had a great crop last year and it shows a bumper crop this year - it’s a Victoria plum tree….

Yet my other Avalon plum trees which are about 50 feet away have nothing on them - but they had a bumper crop last year!

Victoria -

View attachment 262093

Avalon -

View attachment 262095

The apple trees are a bit weird as well
As one has a large crop starting but the ones either side (same type) have nothing…🤔

Also in Aberdeenshire!

Regards.
Gixer
I doubt that my work colleagues would accept that your plums could be better than mine, but you never know