So, here you have it...!

McKenzie

Whilst I am disappointed at the leave result if we have to go through with it then surely it should be done as thoughtfully & carefully as possible with clear outcomes in mind over whatever time is required & not in a rush.

Last edited:

JohnT

Whilst I am disappointed at the leave result if we have to go through with it then surely it should be done as thoughtfully & carefully as possible with clear outcomes in mind over whatever time is required & not in a rush.
:thumb: +1 :thumb:

It matters not how keen you may be to divest yourself of the continental control club. Unless the leaving process is carried out in a steady, controlled manner you will make errors that will be guaranteed to cost you dearly later on. This is one of those occasions where enthusiasm must be tempered with deliberation and good sense to achieve the desired outcome.
As with most things, patience.

stubear

Its going to take a year+ to iron out the new relationship with Europe, new trading relationships with other countries and so on, so I'm not massively surprised to hear this.

I would suspect it will be triggered (as Mrs May has said it definitely will be!) towards the end of next year or possibly early 2018 at the outside.

Psyxologos

Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial.

Chasser

Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial.

Brexit WILL go ahead, just not this year... brexit means brexit. You fail to mention the lies on the remain side of the argument that the remainers believed? Both were as bad as each other.

Mick9abf

With both the French and German elections on the horizon, as in next year, it may be a very shrewd tactical move by the new PM, as let's be honest they are the only ones that really matter as they will call the shots for the rest of the member states.

It's difficult to deny this bearing in mind where Teresa May is today and who she is meeting on Thursday...... I'm not cynical though!!

basil

Distinguished Member
`Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial`

If you think it will never happen then you are deluded and if it doesn`t then T.M. as P.M. will be a short lived affair.
If it never happens then what is the point of a UK government?
The EU as it exists is a spent force and I firmly believe that more countries will exit the EU.
I voted out .. not for me .. for my fore fathers who fought for my children, my grand children and the future generations that will carry my name.
The remain vote lost .. live with it and get used to it.

Last edited:

Highlandsjohn

Amen basil, For future generations to flourish. We have carried the parasites long enough, why should our children endure the same.

Fool me once, more fool you. Fool me twice more fool me....

african jack

Quisling a person who betrays his or her own country by aiding an invading enemy, fifth columnist all you and your fellow whingers are doing is strengthening Jean-Claude Juncker hand

Last edited:

Woodsmoke

So. . . .one slimy, lying, self-serving, completely-unprincipled asshole walks out of Number Ten because he refuses to deal with the outcome of a democratic vote, and another slimy, lying, self-serving, completely-unprincipled asshole takes his place (after yet another bunch of slimy, lying, self-serving, completely-unprincipled assholes ran for cover like rats to a sewer once they realised what a poison chalice 'Call Me Dave' left for them)

Why this country isn't in the middle of a bloody coup is beyond my comprehension! Every politician we have needs boiled in oil

Last edited:

enfieldspares

That's the blbest analysis I've read for a fair while of the new PM.

.As I wrote to my own MP, re Mrs May, "She was conspicously absent from supporting Remain (her avowed position). Good officers lead from the front. Not hang back behind their soldiers to see how the battle turns out. We have a saying in Leicestershire.about wanting to both hunt with the hounds and run with the hare"".

I think Mrs May is an unpriciplef opportunist politician of the worst sort. Not what's best for her country but. what's the best position for her to put herself in to serve her own self interests. Then sit back and let others put themselves in the line of fire.

The only good, so far, is we're rid of the toadying little toad Osbore. And that queer fish Gove. Reminded me of the school sneak in kid's fiction of a certain genre.

Last edited:

gerarddwatts

Completely delusional.

Of course we will leave, and be the much better for it.

We will do so in an orderly fashion; the ball is in our court; we will dictate the pace of our exit.

deeangeo

Absolute rubbish! Keep your head in the sand if it makes you happy. We're out one way or another, and this Great Nation will prosper while watching the Eurocorrupts fail.

Politicians, barnacles on the arse of society!

Last edited:

N1mr0d

Legally we are not allowed (apparently) to sign independent trade agreements whilst still technically a member of the EU. Considering that we now have a global queue of countries wanting to set up independent trade agreements with us which will amount to far more trade than currently with our European neighbours, I believe that it will be damaging to our trade not to leave as soon as possible.

It appears, therefore, very irresponsible of the government to procrastinate and use lame excuses about getting a good deal/agreement rather than getting us out as soon as possible.

Democracy should be democracy, not just democracy when it is convenient.

I. Farticus

"Act in haste, repent at leisure"...

Brexit will happen, but only once we have trade agreements lined up to be signed. There is much to be done before pushing the Article 50 button, and I'm perfectly happy that the process is done properly rather than quickly, as the two are mutually exclusive.

We are talking about the rest of not just our lives, but for generations to come, so why worry about if it's done in 2016, 2017 or 2018? It will be done, and hopefully on the best terms negotiated for The United Kingdom - let's park how long we will remain "united" for another day...

Pedro

Politicians of whatever persuasion now all have a deserved reputation for being low-lifes. Although I believe there are good, honest ones with the best interests at heart, they're pretty thin on the ground, so some of the above comments are understandable. The only difference from today and 2000 years ago is that the knives in the back are now metaphoric.

As for how to handle Brexit, like her or not, like the Conservatives or not, we have to get behind Mrs May and hope she has the qualities and determination to get us a good deal. For that is the road we have chosen to take, again, like it or not. That means doing it in a timescale that suits US, not the rest of Europe and Mrs May has already made the clear to Mrs Merkel.

jimmy milnes

:thumb: +1 :thumb:

It matters not how keen you may be to divest yourself of the continental control club. Unless the leaving process is carried out in a steady, controlled manner you will make errors that will be guaranteed to cost you dearly later on. This is one of those occasions where enthusiasm must be tempered with deliberation and good sense to achieve the desired outcome.
As with most things, patience.
Is this not why it take 2 year to get out from pushing the start button ? To allow time to set up the proper process