So . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and the leave campaign had so much money thrown at it that they greatly overspent and are being investigated for it too.
Possibly one of the most laughable arguments I’ve heard yet.

how much tax payers money was spent on the leave campaign ? to the nearest million will do ! not private money , actual tax payers money ? if it's more than 9 million and there was a leave propaganda leaflet sent to every house by the government then i'll concede your point. if not you are making yourself look stupid and refusing to answer the actual question which unsurprisingly is a common trait of remainers……..

I am one of those ill informed dull minded people that voted to leave. You will have to excuses me if i dont use big words or clever quotes as i said i am dull minded. I honestly think that politics is broken . I will try to explain , politicians and political parties have always had differing opinions of how best to run the country and to make things worse we decided to let politicians from other country's to stick there 2 euro in as well, with all the back stabbing, posturing and arguing the people (voters) have become sick of it. So now faced with a referendum, not for a political party or a local policy but a vote for something different, a change, the majority went for it. Now this is were the problem is, because all politicians of all parties should (if they believe in democracy) all try to come together and get our country the best deal, the biggest slice of pie, but they cant they dont know how to and it renders them obsolete (like ukip). This leave only one option to have another vote to see if we can get a different outcome, but if they do this that would mean the outcome of any vote wouldn't stand so why bother. BROKEN Broken Broken.

So, does that mean that we should also be saddled with an elected government party for ever just because there was an election and people voted them in, because to hold another election 3 or 4 years later would be so undemocratic ?
Kindest regards, Olaf

are you intentionally playing the thickie or are you actually that stupid ? the 4 year parliament term is how it works with political parties , the referendum was a no time limit vote on our membership of the eu but i'd gladly have another vote in 40 years if you like and every 40 years after that if it would suit you to copy the parliament example ?

IF we get another ref vote and the losers don't like the result can we have another go please? It's comical and could be never ending...
The UK voted dave said look people it's a once in a lifetime vote ''or words to that effect'' so please all vote.
Millions couldn't be arsed to vote or weren't entitled to so now here we are two years on and if anything gone backwards.
We're seen as a laughing stock and weak minded lot by many other countries because of how we're going about things.
As I've said before in this thread divide an conquer, was it the plan straight after dave rang pickfords up ?
We've had the vote all were warned the possible outcomes, now more than ever is the time to be strong and unite.
Regards
Jimmy

Or governments failure to stop illegal immigrants arriving is not helped by the eu giving them free passage through with, or without a passport.

Actually that's incorrect. The law as it now stands within the EU is than an illegal immigrant can now be returned to the country from which they arrived in the UK. Therefore illegals arriving in the UK from France can now be, and are, returned to France. Additionally the Le Touquet Agreement (separate from the EU and signed between Britain and France) places the UK Border in France and the French Border in the UK. Also, of course, Britain (and the Republic of Ireland) are not part of the Schengen Scheme. When Britain leaves the UK the French may well refuse to allow illegals arriving from France to be returned there as, of course, the rules currently are for EU Member States. So when we leave the problem of illegal immigration will get worse as they will know that they will no longer be returned to Calais but will have to be accepted into the UK until the issue of their entry status is settled.

This pure guessing.
No one knows that will be the case and frankly like most, whether leave or remain camp, you’re not going to know what will happen until the UK has left.
Economists, bankers and politicians have not the slightest clue any more than the rest of the population.
No, I’m afraid it’s not “pure guessing” many Economists and bankers and politicians do know what the the most likely outcomes are, and they have and are doing their very best to try to stop a very big economic mess from getting any worse.
indeed, the leave campaign has now changed its stance of promising that Brexit would be the easiest thing to negotiate ever with other EU countries falling over themselves to do business with us , making all richer etc etc etc lies lies and more lies and assumptions. Now the leave campaign is admitting that it will be bad for our country and make normal and poor people poorer but they will be ‘free’ so it will be worth it ......Great !!
Meanwhile, the UK is loosing investment and prosperity at a disgustingly high rate.
Facts that are undeniable and very real and true.
A People’s vote is not about winning or losing , it’s about giving people a final say on their own lives and their children’s futures and our countries stability and prosperity. Now that facts are known.
What disgusts me about Brexit is the absolute lack of honesty and the total hypocrisy and self serving greed that we have seen coming from some very very wealthy and privileged people who just can’t get enough money or power to ever be satisfied.
And it’s us normal people, people who voted rightly or wrongly to leave or remain who are and do and will pay for it. Fact.
We should all be very dissatisfied about the lies we have been fed.

Kindest regards, Olaf

Well its the european way. We in ireland were told in not one, but two referendums "you gave the wrong answer, vote again" and "you will continue to vote until you give the answer we want". Very democratic, not.
No, it’s not the European way. Voting is the democratic way .
Kindest regards, Olaf

This is an interesting stance, you say that a 3 way choice would lead us to stay in the EU. Does that mean that you think the majority of the country would now (now they have more of an idea what brexit might look like) vote to stay? In which case, leaving would be undemocratic as the majority now don't want it.:-|

Maybe we should find out what the country thinks again!?
I quite agree
Kindest regards, Olaf

Actually that's incorrect. The law as it now stands within the EU is than an illegal immigrant can now be returned to the country from which they arrived in the UK. Therefore illegals arriving in the UK from France can now be, and are, returned to France. Additionally the Le Touquet Agreement (separate from the EU and signed between Britain and France) places the UK Border in France and the French Border in the UK. Also, of course, Britain (and the Republic of Ireland) are not part of the Schengen Scheme. When Britain leaves the UK the French may well refuse to allow illegals arriving from France to be returned there as, of course, the rules currently are for EU Member States. So when we leave the problem of illegal immigration will get worse as they will know that they will no longer be returned to Calais but will have to be accepted into the UK until the issue of their entry status is settled.
Bang on. very true and undeniable facts.
The lies that the leave campaign spread about Immigration and uncontrolled Immigration as a result of our EU membership are just so blatantly obvious 2.5 years on.

Kindest regards, Olaf

how much tax payers money was spent on the leave campaign ? to the nearest million will do ! not private money , actual tax payers money ? if it's more than 9 million and there was a leave propaganda leaflet sent to every house by the government then i'll concede your point. if not you are making yourself look stupid and refusing to answer the actual question which unsurprisingly is a common trait of remainers……..
I used The leaflet , that was paid for out of tax payers money and cost about 9.5 million pounds , to clean the glass on my fire and then burnt it out of disgust.
Aside from being absolute rubbish, I completely agree with you and many other people, that it was an unjust waste of public money and very patronising with its contents. At the time, I was particularly angry and annoyed by it as i saw it actually validating allot of the lies that were being spread by some very dualistic people and organisations.
Kindest regards, Olaf

are you intentionally playing the thickie or are you actually that stupid ? the 4 year parliament term is how it works with political parties , the referendum was a no time limit vote on our membership of the eu but i'd gladly have another vote in 40 years if you like and every 40 years after that if it would suit you to copy the parliament example ?
No, I’m not stupid.

It wont be honest to have another vote in fact it would be illegal ,because we as a whole voted to get out ,and parliament passed it ,so to have another vote would be undemocratic in our so called democratic system. labour don,t have any plans, and no one else wants to even contemplate running around europe talking to the other members about it.

No, it’s not the European way. Voting is the democratic way .
Kindest regards, Olaf

Sorry, but it is. In fact our premier, told us he did not read the nice treaty, tried, couldn't understand it, but we were told "Don't read it, just vote for it". I voted no twice. Anything to do with the eu is dodgy as its possible to be.

Reactions: JTO
I used The leaflet , that was paid for out of tax payers money and cost about 9.5 million pounds , to clean the glass on my fire and then burnt it out of disgust.
Aside from being absolute rubbish, I completely agree with you and many other people, that it was an unjust waste of public money and very patronising with its contents. At the time, I was particularly angry and annoyed by it as i saw it actually validating allot of the lies that were being spread by some very dualistic people and organisations.
Kindest regards, Olaf

So only one side should be able to give an argument, or send out leaflets in favour or against a vote ? That was tried in communist countries, did not work out too well for all of them.

A fine sentiment, but that's not the deal that's on the table. May has done the best deal she could do, Corbyn or that **** Rees Mogg wouldn't have done any better as the EU have a line drawn in the sand and we don't have anything to negotiate with. We are in no mans land and that will not do us any good at all - it was always going to happen, they were never going to give us what we wanted - why would they?

In terms of dealing with whom we like, that will not happen under the current deal. And the EU is 44% of our exports, a bloody big hole to fill which will take us decades to recover. I hear all the quotes about us being a net importer, but it means bugger all. 52% of our imports are from the EU, but that 52% is from 28 countries so a very small issue for each one individually. 44% of our exports vs about 2% of each of theirs on average. They are much more important to us than we are to any of them.

The world is not our oyster. You heard what that **** Trump said when he heard about the deal - "the UK might find it very difficult to trade with the US if they leave the EU". Some special relationship.
Can you see that had we a negotiator that with their very being believed in getting out the EU would have taken a slightly different stance. I’m not nieve enough to believe they would behave very differently but substantionally enough to get a better deal.
I have heard a few people say in a vote now they would vote the other way and vote out just because the way the EU have behaved, not as many as would change the other way granted.
Personally i am not surprised as this is the way the EU has behaved all along,
They are so worried that their gravy train is pulling in to the station (politicians)
Their worried that if they let us get out,then many other EU states will follow suit, their governments would have trouble refusing a “peoples vote”

Of course what the idiots like Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson...neither of them ever having had a real job...fail to mention is that JUST AS THE CHINESE DO in order to sell goods into the EU post-Brexit everything will have to still bear the CE "mark" and comply with EU product standards law.

So where's the control we, the UK, will have over setting that product standards law after the UK leaves? If you don't believe what I am saying about the CE "mark" or didn't know what it was look at any Chinese made mobile 'phone, computer, even a standalone simple 13 Amp plug.

So free trade or not make no mistake that UK manufacturers if they wish to export to the EU 27 post-Brexit will STILL have to make products complying with EU Directives that we will no longer have control over. That's taking back control of our manufacturing apparently!

i dont know about Rees-Mogg but Boris has had several real Jobs, Fool he maybe but idiot he’s not.
Every country in the world that exports to any other country has to comply with that countries standards, so no change there.

So only one side should be able to give an argument, or send out leaflets in favour or against a vote ? That was tried in communist countries, did not work out too well for all of them.
Exactly, I agree, the Brexit referendum campaign and vote was an absolute total and utter joke. It should never have happened and was and still is farcical.
Kindest regards, Olaf

It might have been a joke for some,but for others ( the majority) it was serious they wanted out and still do, by the way our so called leader was treated and still is by the way, by the euro,s at the talks and since by not giving as much back this way as we GB wanted and thats why a lot of people on all sides are cribbing about it , You would think that now that we know they don,t give a flying squirrel about us ,why on earth would we as a country even contemplate going back in ! out means out.

Exactly, I agree, the Brexit referendum campaign and vote was an absolute total and utter joke. It should never have happened and was and still is farcical.
Kindest regards, Olaf

Its farcical, in your opinion. A huge amount of people (~17.5 million) obviously do not think as you do. To avoid all this, the eu could have cut a deal with the uk and agreed to limit the right to movement of people anyway. Ironically they are now thinking of doing this since merkel threw the borders open and let half the middle east and africa flood in.

People’s new vote : mays deal ( or what it becomes) , no deal, or remain. Now you know more about the issues, how will you vote??

3 better informed options now for the public to choose from. ......methinks most would now chose Remain from those options on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back