Soay Sheep Stalking

2428 miles

I'm looking into organising a trip up to Scotland after some of these rams.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of who to go through?

Many Thanks

Miles

Carminnows!!! now theres a name that crops up from time to time.

Isnt that the place that tried to sell driven wild boar hunting. I hear you needed a feed bucket and some pig nuts and waited in line with the other waiting rifles :eek:

Hmmmmmm no thanks ;)

It seems that the soay sheep are on the "vulnerable" list as rare breeds.Shooting one might land you in a heap of trouble!!
I would check first...

regards
griff

sikamalc said:
Carminnows!!! now theres a name that crops up from time to time.

Isnt that the place that tried to sell driven wild boar hunting. I hear you needed a feed bucket and some pig nuts and waited in line with the other waiting rifles :eek:

Hmmmmmm no thanks ;)

Just ask EMcC!!

Why stalk a sheep!!! STALK!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
you just gotta whistle , and they come running.!. Bag of nuts and a cheeky smile ,. I am not a sheep stalker so I have little knowledge of these wee beasties !.Any- way its a deer site , but we do wander sometimes ! guiltyas charged :lol:
Trapper

Sure thing - sheep stalking is something that doesn't have quite the same ring in the UK!

I know the Carminnows have them - but its not a hunt that would interest me.

Rgds to all - have a great holiday.

Rgds Ian :)

I just wanted to look into it because it’s a bit different, I have stalked all over the uk and shot all numbers and species of deer in all sorts of different situations and It would be nice to have shot every species of game this island has to offer.

Having spoken to people about it recently I have heard good reports and that they provide good sport. It’s not quite the same as walking into a field and dropping a couple of farmer Giles’ prize rams!!!

on one of the farms i shoot on the farmer kills approximately 80 bull calves a year. Quite sad really but they are not worth anything once vet and transportation costs are taken into consideration.

He offered me the chance to dispatch one for my own consumption if i ever felt i wanted one.
Has anyone ever been asked to dispatch livestock on farms and whats the procedure? does have to be documented somewhere or ? bolt guns or our own rifles ?
i'm guessing these animals are not very old at all.

bit of a weird one i know but thought i would throw it up in the air for the mob to chew on....;)

Yes years ago i dispatched a few sheep for a framer where i used to hunt rabbits i don't think you are able to do it now?????? If you take him up on the offer don't tell

amberdog

Im sure i read about the sheep/ram stalking in the sporting rifle im sure Peter Carr was involved tel 07817097041 the number is from the mag,this might help you still seems a strange shooting sheep

amberdog

Back