Soft venison tortillas

JockStalk

2F2AF00F-05E3-44BD-A1ED-CBE2F4FF187E.jpeg
I was onto my third one before I thought about taking a photo.
So, today was ‘summer’ and the domestic bursar and I thought a summery lunch in the garden was called for. Negotiations led to my take on some Mexican street food.
Easy as (american?) pie to make.
Fillet or tenderloin from a roe was seasoned with salt and pepper and given a good coat of sunflower oil. Then to make guacamole some avocados were mashed up in a bowl with coriander leaf, salt and fresh lime juice. I’d normally make a salsa, but have to thank Tesco’s this time for that. And a side salad prepared.
BBQ hot plate up to heat and a couple of plates on the rack above the plate to keep warm.
Some soft corn tortillas were given 30 seconds each side on the hot plate then stacked on a warm plate under foil to keep warm. I used ‘old el paso’ white corn soft tortillas as these are gluten free. Then the meat was simply seared on the hot plate and then left under foil on the other warmed plate to rest before slicing up.
Then it’s just a matter of everyone grabbing a tortilla, giving it a smear of guacamole, some salsa and some beautifully tender venison. I like a few drops of Tabasco but that’s just me. Fold in half and make like Ed Milliband with a bacon buttie. Simple food can be awesome. Give it a go?

Back