Soldier gets a bit cold, wants £150k

Klenchblaize

We reep as a society what we plant so to be honest I don't blame the guy for his take and approach on this.

I do though think he's done himself a not inconsiderable disservice by bringing ethnicity into it.

K

Roro

We reep as a society what we plant so to be honest I don't blame the guy for his take and approach on this.

K
He could have a bit of self respect, man up and stop this nonsense. An uncles father, was a merchant seaman, who was involved with the atlantic convoys during the war, the conditions were horrific, he did not sue anyone because he was hospitalised with exposure or cold, or for being half drowned.

Klenchblaize

Re post #7:

To me it's a bit like those who cast their garbage onto the sidewalk with an expression that tells anyone who cares to note that they've NEVER been told it's not the thing to do.

This isn't being a wish-washy Liberal but simply observing what we've collectivly allowed to come to pass.

K

banus

he must have wanted to join up as there is no longer conscription so HE CHOSE to be there.send him home and ban him from coming back .

Roro

Re post #7:

To me it's a bit like those who cast their garbage onto the sidewalk with an expression that tells anyone who cares to note that they've NEVER been told it's not the thing to do.

This isn't being a wish-washy Liberal but simply observing what we've collectivly allowed to come to pass.

K

You are probably correct, however i don't think you would find a Gurkha suing for something like this.

caorach

In a few days we will commemorate the sinking of the Iolaire which was bringing returning soldiers back from WWI and went onto the rocks at the entrance to Stornoway harbour in the early hours of 1st January 1919, at least 201 men lost their lives just 30 yards from their home shore. Many of the few who got themselves ashore walked home, some of them walked 50 miles over some of the most challenging and remote deer forests in the UK, in the dark, in a gale, in wet clothing, having been shipwrecked and seen friends and family killed. Most of them never spoke about it, indeed the story is almost completely unknown outside of the islands as the families of those lost said very little either. Of 25 sets of brothers on board only one set survived, the village of Lurbost had 51 houses and lost 32 men in the war and 11 on the Iolaire, and so the tragic stories go on. Meanwhile in the year 2018 you can get all offended and sue someone if the weather doesn't suit you.

The fourth Horseman

You are probably correct, however i don't think you would find a Gurkha suing for something like this.
I have so much respect for my small brown friends and who and what they are. Guards IMHO come second in dress compared to them. Particularly when in civvies they are immaculate even in extreme heat. Claim for anything, they would die first. This poor specimen should be dishonourably discharged and returned to sender, maybe in a long black bag.

paul o'

Seems Like a nice guy to me ! may be working along side real Men in Green is't for him ? Pink I think my be better ? he is probably better suited to be a to the rear end sex trade with other nice chaps . Bet he polishes himself bright every night ?? Grrrrr feck him off burn his kit give him a feck all but a kick up the arse out the gate on his way to His mammy

Klenchblaize

Come on guys he's wearing a very nice Crimble jumper that I doubt was supplied by the Daily Mail's Wardrobe Department so give him a break? It's not as if he's claiming Brexit will will influence his claim!

K

A Guy Out West

Fine him 100 quid for not coming to the outing properly prepared, send him for mental health counseling, and then discharge him for failure to adapt to military life.

Ray7756

ok ok may be as its still sort of Christmas he can sit on top of the tree :-|
I suggest the tree is used as a pull/ push through several times
Lets hope the courts throw this well out and charge the money grubbing lawyers putting him up to it
Ray