Someone was making holders for thermals?

deerstalker.308

Can anyone point me to whoever it was that was doing either kydex or 3D printed belt holder for pulsar units? I remember an ad for them but suspect it got removed as no trade membership?

Sampo

deerstalker.308

Yeah I don’t think that was the one, right product but I think (stand to be corrected) that that was being sold on secondhand….

deerstalker.308

Had a look on military 1st and suspect a small molle belt pouch will do a better job to be fair, just don’t want to clutter a pocket up with it so suspect that will resolve that.

Roe dan

Sorry I couldn’t resist. I’m not a fan. But they do have there uses. I’m pleased your sorted.

Mike_E

I bought that holder but gave it away with when I changed thermals. I never actually used it as it in the field as it was very noisy when placing or removing the thermal into the holder. I would agree that a molle pouch or similar is a better option.

deerstalker.308

I bought that holder but gave it away with when I changed thermals. I never actually used it as it in the field as it was very noisy when placing or removing the thermal into the holder. I would agree that a molle pouch or similar is a better option.
Thanks Mike

deerstalker.308

chap on here does very nice lanyards, made from pleated paranoid.
Yeah I made a paracord lanyard for it but it just got in the way of my binos etc and swung around too much. Hope the belt pouch in order does the job, should do if ive got my measurements right….

willie_gunn

I know what you mean about having the thermal round your neck, but from my perspective a belt pouch would mean continuous movement, constantly picking up and putting down the thermal, fiddling around with the pouch, etc.

I know the same is to some extent true for a neck lanyard, but the vertical distance is a lot less.

I find I increasingly use the thermal to “spot”, and then the binos to “verify”, particularly at first/last light.

Mike L

I find with the axiom,if you put it in anything it adjusts the focus ring, if it's round your neck on a lanyard, focus usually stays the same.

deerstalker.308

I know what you mean about having the thermal round your neck, but from my perspective a belt pouch would mean continuous movement, constantly picking up and putting down the thermal, fiddling around with the pouch, etc.

I know the same is to some extent true for a neck lanyard, but the vertical distance is a lot less.

I find I increasingly use the thermal to “spot”, and then the binos to “verify”, particularly at first/last light.
Guess a great deal relates directly to the landscape you’re stalking in. I found the other evening that unless something had been really motoring in from cover towards me I’d have spotted it with one of the infrequent uses of the handheld, was only using “continually” once in a highseat to scan the forest edge adjacent for any changes in heat sources. I think for my needs a pouch will work well, it was fine in my pocket but at this time of year not wearing a jacket I had to wedge it in my trouser pocket and that wasn’t ideal

deerstalker.308

I find with the axiom,if you put it in anything it adjusts the focus ring, if it's round your neck on a lanyard, focus usually stays the same.
Fair comment although I didn’t find the focus that free moving, and also found myself manipulating it constantly to account for varying ranges anyway so not an issue

sunndog

I put mine around my neck bandolier style with shock cord then into a hand warmer pocket.
Pocket keeps it from dangling but you can nusy let it dangle if you need to for a shot

deerstalker.308

I put mine around my neck bandolier style with shock cord then into a hand warmer pocket.
Pocket keeps it from dangling but you can nusy let it dangle if you need to for a shot
That’s a good call IF wearing a coat with pockets. Summer evenings I’m just wearing a shirt up top, no pockets hence feeling something on the belt will solve this. I can see that being a good call for autumn/winter though, cheers