Sourcing bolts to act as thread gauges for moderators

Eric the Red

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I'm looking for a source of bolts and nuts in common screwcut dimensions, to identify moderator threads that are not marked. I don't see measuring gauges working too well on female threads, especially in reflex mods.

All pointers gratefully received.

The Singing Stalker

Metric isn't a problem, imperial would take a bit more time. But I think I would be able to get most of them. If you can give me a list of the sizes I could have a word with mŷ man In the know. As with most things there would be an moq but I don't think it would be expensive. Might be able to come up with a package if enough people wanted it.

Mike L

Try these guys
I can always pick up and post for you.

Hornet 6

All the common thread forms used for moderators will be available as nuts and bolts/studs from any decent fastening supplier.
Or if your serious about it, buy go/no-go gauges, mail and female for each of the threads you need.
Second options is far more accurate.

Neil.

takbok

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I'm looking for a source of bolts and nuts in common screwcut dimensions, to identify moderator threads that are not marked. I don't see measuring gauges working too well on female threads, especially in reflex mods.

All pointers gratefully received.
Get yourself a simple combined Metric/Unified thread pitch gauge and a digital caliper - much cheaper and simpler

4820-552 is the one:

Whitebeard

Ring and plug gauges for most common threads are usually available on Ebay, thats where i got mine, however dont be surprised if Mod threads dont conform to the standard they seldom do especially the scandanavian ones.

Ian