South African white farmers and their farms.

MJ75

I saw the subject mentioned on another thread. The last time I went hunting in RSA one of PH's was delayed meeting us (Not an issue at all) as he had to clear off his farm. He'd been subjected to a compulsory purchase from the government.

This documentary gives a fairly good insight to what is happening out there and some of you might find it interesting.

FARMLANDS (2018) Official Documentary - YouTube

Long term it really doesn't look good for sport hunting in the country if things continue.

A Guy Out West

We hear almost nothing of this in the US. Why, because the victims are white and it's racially motivated. The whole world is afraid to say anything because of race, it's sickening.

Ray7756

It would be interesting to hear the views of our friend in SA on this subject as we have lots of members in the farming and game shooting communities
Ray

Last edited:

MJ75

We hear almost nothing of this in the US. Why, because the victims are white and it's racially motivated. The whole world is afraid to say anything because of race, it's sickening.
Mainstream media in the UK doesn't show a lot of interest either.

Ray7756

Mainstream media in the UK doesn't show a lot of interest either.
Still have not heard from any of the SA members here, lots of safari companies , you would think they would be very vocal if they were being threatened ?????
Ray

zambezi

Still have not heard from any of the SA members here, lots of safari companies , you would think they would be very vocal if they were being threatened ?????
Ray
Akkerland Boerdery was one of the SA govt's trial expropriations-without-recompense. It has failed in a legal test case. Possibly land owners are keeping quiet because they await more lasting adjudications before going vocal? Also, certain property sizes would be exempt so perhaps fewer medium sized operations under threat?

Regardless: the notion of expropriation without recompense is just bonkers. It undermines everything in a capitalist system, erodes currency, foreign investment, etc.

mchughcb

Hmm. That case doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the property has right coal underneath it and the state owns the mineral rights then the farm agrees with the explorer or miner on the value of the farm to purchase out right or the compensation paid for disruption to future earnings. Obviously negotiations didn't get very far. Now the price they are asking for is about 10.8M pounds and the price the government offered is 1.08M pounds seems to be poles apart.

Do game farms in the desert really command prices of 3300 quid per Ha?

levigsp

They are not vocal as they are frightened of losing the white foreign customers, simple as that. If you know any PHs ask them where they bank.

Ray7756

Akkerland Boerdery was one of the SA govt's trial expropriations-without-recompense. It has failed in a legal test case. Possibly land owners are keeping quiet because they await more lasting adjudications before going vocal? Also, certain property sizes would be exempt so perhaps fewer medium sized operations under threat?

Regardless: the notion of expropriation without recompense is just bonkers. It undermines everything in a capitalist system, erodes currency, foreign investment, etc.
As you state land owners are keeping quiet as they are waiting on a more lasting adjudication before going vocal,
I totaly agree with that, give the legal process time before we start jumping up and down online
untill the people who are being affected by this and waiting on the legal process, start to complain and ask for support, " not journalist looking for glory" we should stay out of it,
by all means keep an eye on thingsand make sure another Mugabe type land grab does not happen
Cheers
Ray

The fourth Horseman

As you state land owners are keeping quiet as they are waiting on a more lasting adjudication before going vocal,
I totaly agree with that, give the legal process time before we start jumping up and down online
untill the people who are being affected by this and waiting on the legal process, start to complain and ask for support, " not journalist looking for glory" we should stay out of it,
by all means keep an eye on thingsand make sure another Mugabe type land grab does not happen
Cheers

Sorry my friend but that is shutting the proverbial stable door.
Just look at every country in Africa. It started in Kenya, Uganda, Congo and just carried on. Rhodesia was Classic and we made a complete balls up of that, allowing that piece of Hyena excrement to take over the country which fed a number of other countries. South Africa is a powder keg and when it blows the white population will be wiped out. Why does the world have to wait and watch these various persecutions, we were quick enough to condemn white South Africa.

bowji john

This is simply racially driven property theft

They are not going to listen to a bunch of mzungus in Europe jumping up and down

I wouldn't trust my life and land to a southern african legal system either

The only thing that will prevent this is if world banks and international companies cup their collective balls in a mailed fist whilst muttering sweetly to them about the future of those said balls if they pursue this particular course of action

Just my opinion

The fourth Horseman

This is simply racially driven property theft

They are not going to listen to a bunch of mzungus in Europe jumping up and down

I wouldn't trust my life and land to a southern african legal system either

The only thing that will prevent this is if world banks and international companies cup their collective balls in a mailed fist whilst muttering sweetly to them about the future of those said balls if they pursue this particular course of action

Just my opinion
It is a very good opinion John and I am sure it is one that is shared by many. However it has about as much chance of happening as me seeing a Tamworth pig fly round my chimney. It will be very similar to Myanmar but with the Whites being thrown out or killed in lieu of the Rohingya.

bowji john

It is a very good opinion John and I am sure it is one that is shared by many. However it has about as much chance of happening as me seeing a Tamworth pig fly round my chimney. It will be very similar to Myanmar but with the Whites being thrown out or killed in lieu of the Rohingya.
Sadly I agree

Tiz a fight that future generations will face here - but well after my time

Hope, for their sake, they have the backbone for it

Roro

You know whats going to happen in SA. There will be farms snatched off the white owners, and handed to lackies of the ruling party. They will not have the first clue how to run them, let them run down and then abandon them. The government will then realize the economy is tanking and will look for those they expelled to return.

Isn't Russia and some european countries offering asylum to the white south africans ?