spartan javelin bipods

WH308

I swapped from a Harris to a Spartan lite, as I shoot more off sticks than a bipod and wanted to carry something light and removable rather than fixed and heavy and I felt the Harris got in the way of the sticks. My only slight issue is that with the “hollow” hogue stock on my Howa, it clunks a bit when the magnets meet.

Border

thanks for that cottis,i usally use viperflex sticks for 90% of my stalking,foxing and rabbiting..but the odd occasion on the hill has left me missing the bipod..thinking the spartan javelin might be the answer..there is a new "lite" model which doesn't have telescopic legs..as i find from occasionally using a pair of harris's and also as you say in the above post..the telescopic legs are rearly used..only fault i can see is they havent a system of locking the legs open so the rifle doesn't fall over if you using it as a stand while you grollach an animal or similar
If it's only on the hill you need it what about shooting off a rucksack or pack?

paulbshooting

I had one of the early ones and it was OK. Bought a lightweight Atlas bipod instead and fitted small pica rail to stocks in the end and clip that on when I need it down here or left on during Scotland trips. Lives in the back pack, great adjustable height and angle, esp on the hill to get best firing position.

nun_hunter

Or look at the Neopod they are like the Javelin/Spartan in that they are easily detached, the advantage Neopod has is you can adjust the telescopic leg length one handed while in the shooting position
The latest javelin bipods do this too. It's a good and bad thing in that they are a small company who listens to its customers and is constantly evolving. Great for people buying the latest kit but those who bought a bipod 18 months ago may feel theirs isn't as good any more.

Tazz

The latest javelin bipods do this too. It's a good and bad thing in that they are a small company who listens to its customers and is constantly evolving. Great for people buying the latest kit but those who bought a bipod 18 months ago may feel theirs isn't as good any more.
The advantage of the Spartan products is that you can buy standard and extended versions, I like my Neopod but they only make it in one length and often it’s too short, I have modified mine with aluminium leg extensions. If I was doing it all again I would now choose Spartan

JH83

Had one for a few months, I agree with the sentiments discussed. For range work they’re not ideal, although serviceable. A Harris is a better option for range work, but I couldn’t cope with having a pod permanently attached any more. A great tool for the intended application.