Spellar Bill Ban on Trophy Imports.

CAG2011

My thoughts on a ill advised bill. Done letter to our MP disagreeing with this ban on trophy imports. I also do not see the need to register any trophies l already owned as we have licences and shipping/freight notices to say when the animal was harvested, as do the professional hunter who has to record and register each animal that has been harvested in his country. I believe this is just another way of targeting and identifying the hunting fraternity, leaving us open to being potential targets for those who do not agree with our activities. As long as we are hunting legally and ethically why should we be known to everyone else. Personally I do not advertise what I do except to immediate family and other hunters out of respect for those who are are against this activity and find it distasteful and are uneducated. It is each to their own and I for one would not tell them what to do in their free time or on vacation. I am sure they bring lots of souvenirs from abroad which usually ends up in landfill as cheap plastic objects or unwanted trinkets etc which is harmful to our environment. Sorry on a rant. Will stop here.

I did notice that during an interview on BBC with conservatives Grantham Stamford, it took place in premises where there was what looked like reindeer carcasses draped over a balustrade behind them and some fine antlers. Will these be going on the register??????

Last edited:

gr1ffer

Here’s where the bill sits so a little ways to go. Trouble is there are 2 bills running, this and zac goldsmiths bill. A ban is coming but it’s up to us to now negotiate some kind of middle ground where upon it has the minimum effect on as many of us as possible. Don’t forget for many folk outfitting is their buissness so it’s worth getting behind them even if you don’t hunt abroad. The response from us on the consultation was embarrassing and I’m ashamed to be part of this community at the moment but there may be chance for some kind of salvage yet if we for once band together. Contact your relevant shooting orginisations aside from your mp’s as if they think it’s worth it to their members they will throw resources at it. And please remember that the campaign to ban trophy hunting publicly stated that whilst they welcomed the bill they will now look to stop all hunting in the U.K. no one is no longer safe.

Attachments

• B7A8CCBC-8D10-4212-8703-65221D75E48C.jpeg
    B7A8CCBC-8D10-4212-8703-65221D75E48C.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 16

Sinistral

Not sure how and when we get the results from the meeting today. Just have to try and
keep googling it until something comes up. Or maybe on BBC Parliament channel on TV??
This is what you need, but it's beyond Google. . . read today's HOC proceedings (after Column 846 - link below).
This PM bill is now scheduled for a 2nd reading on 18th March but won't get any further.
The government has already announced it's intention to legislate in this area.
It also needs a money resolution which will be opposed.

Conor O'Gorman

Official Member

Jamouk

Just a thought ! Some of us on here are emailing our own MPs trying to educate them , I myself have mine 3 times and no reply ... just checked and Mr Spellars email himself as MP of Warley is available to all would we not all be better off emailing the source of the ill informed bill ? And educating him !!! 🤔 if the over 20k strong membership filled his inbox up suddenly overnight he might see the light ?

Dickie

Just a thought ! Some of us on here are emailing our own MPs trying to educate them , I myself have mine 3 times and no reply ... just checked and Mr Spellars email himself as MP of Warley is available to all would we not all be better off emailing the source of the ill informed bill ? And educating him !!! 🤔 if the over 20k strong membership filled his inbox up suddenly overnight he might see the light ?
See the light more chance of platting fog.

CAG2011

I agree with maybe getting the entire membership to email maybe a bit of a stretch 😂 but emailing Mr Spellar seems like a good idea as from his twitter feed he only seems to get encouragement from sycophants
I think that is a great idea. Its about time we all show there is more than one side to this topic. It seems to me we need to be more active and truly match the amount of media attention that is given to those opposing this bill.

Jamouk

My auto reply from mine says they wont respond to them but how would an inbox know if your a constituent or not ? Unless a middle man or secretary etx ??