spinal op not worth doing and the loss of my best pal.

bobjs

well lads and lassies

I have been informed today in person that they can't do anything else to help. burger.

the last op to the neck I had is all they can do so its crack on and enjoy life, they will not go in again as its to close to the spinal cord and I most likely will not benefit from another intrusion,

I felt a bit miffed but that's life so I will enjoy what I can with my foxing and a bit of pig on wings (pigeon) shooting,

I have however been put in my place as my best mate Simon lost his fight of 10 years with a brain tumour and passed a few days ago, so I have to stop feeling miffed and get on with it.

RIP Simon my best buddy, our nights on the bunnies and fox's will remain as great memories, never mind using your 3 ltr petrol Vauxhall omega to do it when we first met.

bob.

LuckyEddie

Bob,

There's not a lot that can be said. :(
My best wishes for you and your family's future and I hope that you have a few more years left at the foxes and pigeons.
My sympathies go to you and your pal Simon's family and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Atb
Ed

bobjs

Hi Ed

Simon was a top block and a great shooter, even if he could not do it for the last 3 years he will still be with me in the truck as I hope to take on one of his dogs as his wife cant deal with them both.

ill be ok I am just an old fart that's better off then some, and ill keep going as long as I can, I will not be doing the shoot season this year but I have to retain my shotgun cert as its needed in my position here at work,

regards and thank you for your kind words,

on the way home soon,

bob.

banus

good evening bob,sorry for both bits bad news ,keep going and if you need me for anything just call.ian.

kes

Hard to bear on both counts.
Nothing I can do to help either .......but if I had a magic wand.
Take care of yourself and keep posting, I enjoy your stuff.

DVS1

Sad times buddy...you still have fight in you so crack on and enjoy life while you can matey

EMcC

Life is so cruel isn't it Bob. I put my bad luck down to missing a few Church Parades as that is all I can think of ;)
My little 'Alien' is still growing but they can't do anything too early because I am waiting for my Stents and Heart to settle down, normally 12 months I was told.
They are going to have a go at the 6 month point but they are still talking about a 50/50 chance of another heart attack but if they do anything before the six month point there is a 'Significant chance of it being fatal' so they said :(
Oh how I wish I hadn't missed all those Church Parades now ;)

paul o'

Chin up feller it's no test run Now its time to do all you can and enjoy it , I feel for you and sorry to read about your mate :tiphat:

Popa ray

Hi Ed

Simon was a top block and a great shooter, even if he could not do it for the last 3 years he will still be with me in the truck as I hope to take on one of his dogs as his wife cant deal with them both.

ill be ok I am just an old fart that's better off then some, and ill keep going as long as I can, I will not be doing the shoot season this year but I have to retain my shotgun cert as its needed in my position here at work,

regards and thank you for your kind words,

on the way home soon,

bob.
Chin up Bob
Words never seem enough but they're all most of us have.
My shooting buddy of 25 years passed last year after helping me through cancer. Sad Times but great memories .
Keep nailing the foxes and enjoy the woodies
Ray.

deerwarden

Bob, and EMcC, I've always enjoyed your posts, always interesting informative and knowledgable. You both have a wealth of knowledge, and like me, are of a certain age, we've been there, seen it and done it. Keep well, keep active and keep positive, and keep posting and reminiscing, I like hearing about how we all used to do things always interesting to remember those days, deerwarden

EMcC

I had a call today from one of my dedicated cancer care nurses, she asked how I was ?
I told her still got my little alien and hoping he isn't growing too big or I may have to have a caesarean when the time comes ;)
Apparently I am expected to get depressed so they have to check up on me now and again.
I have had my pre-op inspection brought forward so asked if that was an indication that my operation might be brought forward but no was the answer.
I have cleared out one of my garages to save my wife a job, just in case.
A friend brought his van round and we filled it up to the gunnels but my garage still looks as if it hasn't been touched ;)
So there you have it Bob, we just have to soldier on and see what the future holds.

EMcC

Squaddy humour.
I had one friend remind me of what the good book says - three score and ten, then he said as I've already gone well past that and probably been to places and done things most people only dream of so what can I expect !!!
I told him regardless of where I've been and what I've done, I'm not ready to go yet, I still have lots of things to do !!!!
Apart from that, who's going to mow the lawn for my Mrs if I'm not here ;-

paul o'

Thats the ticket EmcC You have done more than others could only but dream of iam sure, So good luck :british:
Bob your a trooper but now its time to cruse and enjoy whats left on your plate:tiphat: Just Sometimes you need to do what you want ! and not what others think what you want ;):old:
amvb
to both of you guys .
Hats off

kenbro

cheers lads

me and eddy will be ok, it’s just life,

bob.
You’re dead (No pun intended) right Bob, it is ‘Just life’.
I’ve got a variety of ailments (None terminal that I know?) but if I wake up in the morning, it’s a perfect day. Can’t ask for more.
Some abuse their bodies (include me big time) more than others going through life, and it seems sometimes that we have to pay the piper.
My youngest daughter’s best friend was diagnosed with Big C at age 24, before her 25th Birthday she was told she was clear...6months down the line when going for a checkup, she was told...it’s returned and it’s terminal. How cruel is that?
Make me think I’m exceptionally lucky.

I now think I’m a very lucky guy to reach 76 and just enjoy life as much (And a bit more) as my health allows.

So, Bob, I wish / hope you are able to keep enjoying life, and I’m sure you will. Best to you.
Ken.