Spoons and skinning carcasses

Monkey Spanker

Another aid to skinning Muntjac is to split the skin from neck to tail along the backbone with a tripe knife/gut hook/roeing knife/etc..
The skin then pulls off a lot easier in two separate strips rather than having to unroll it like a large sock. The flank meat also seems to stay on the carcass better if pulled from the back towards the front.
MS

Tom1973

And if I have lots of Munties or any other to do, I use the electric winch, but still from the neck end
Any chance of some pics next time you skin a few muntjac using your method levisgsp? I'm always happy to learn new methods and accept that there's more than one way to skin a muntjac (or any other deer). :)

What I would really like is someone else to do the skinning and butchering but that's just because I'm a lazy sod at heart :D

levigsp

Any chance of some pics next time you skin a few muntjac using your method levisgsp? I'm always happy to learn new methods and accept that there's more than one way to skin a muntjac (or any other deer). :)

What I would really like is someone else to do the skinning and butchering but that's just because I'm a lazy sod at heart :D
Ill certainly give it a try, glad to.