Sporting Rifle Register

kevhumps

I have a "Sporting Rifle Register" in which I have been keeping records of my successful outings, for the last twenty years. It's a nice reminder of days and nights out and about. If you are not familiar with these books, they are a bit more specific than the usual game book/registers. They have individual columns for all species and sex of all uk deer, and also vermin.
Mine has a few pages left to complete, but I'm in need of a replacement before too long. The original printers Butler and Tanner have ceased trading, and searches on the web have so far proved fruitless.
Would anyone know where I could purchase one, or even get a batch reprinted, as I'm sure these would prove popular to members here.
Kev.

enfieldspares

Out of print? Oh no! I'm just near half way through my second of these things. I didn't know that they'd stopped being produced. I'd reckon that eBay would be a good hunting ground? I've used mine for the odd deer, game, driven days, general zeroing and reloading notes, and even competitions at Bisley. I think that any similar sized lined and bound book would do...truth be told...just work out a set template or format and remain faithful to it.

Last edited:

Yorric

If you want the same format as at present just scan an empty page, save to a PDF file at 1:1 scale & print off as required.
Then bind up as you prefer.
Ian

sauer

Yup l the John humphreys countryman book.....that’s one I have....lovely book .....used to enjoy his writings in shooting times & sad day when big C got him ....

Paul

kevhumps

Thanks Guys, the one from Monarch Country is the one I have, so I've just ordered one off Rob !
Kev.
ps Just the one Trev!