Stainless deer sled / carcass tray

A friend and myself are just having a carcass sled / tray made by B&D stalking equipment.
What a brilliant company to deal with nothing is a problem and communication is great.
I would highly recommend these chaps for any stalking related Items from your normal gambrel to anything bespoke.
The sled is not finished yet but they have sent some pictures for approval..

B Stalking Equipment

Attachments

• DCFF2597-C9B5-4205-86FE-7D8B73A723E4.jpg
    DCFF2597-C9B5-4205-86FE-7D8B73A723E4.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 143
  • A09C2BC0-8078-40F5-AD8E-16409D14CEFF.jpg
    A09C2BC0-8078-40F5-AD8E-16409D14CEFF.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 149

Woodsmoke

Nice bit of workmanship. What thickness of SS is it? Looks to be a fair amount of weight there, even before you get a deer in it. Is the plan to tow it out with a quad?

Nice bit of workmanship. What thickness of SS is it? Looks to be a fair amount of weight there, even before you get a deer in it. Is the plan to tow it out with a quad?

Its made from 1.6 mm apart from the front where it has been doubled up.
the bends in it give it the strength.
underneath is two nylon runners.
its not that heavy.
yes the idea will be to tow it with a quad and use it as a carcass tray in the truck.

countrryboy

It will be attached via a nylon rope the sled hasn’t got the fixings on yet

Kiooks good.

Does ur ground have many hills on it??
Might be better with a solid bar or even piece of pipe/alkathene over rope so doesn't slide into the bike when going down hill (had it happen with other things in past)
Or possibly 2 solid pieces to form an 'A' frame as even with 1 could in thoery slide sideways and catch bike. Be very easy done thou

wirehair

Deer Sled

P1010636.jpg P1010637.jpg Here is the sled that we use for transportation back to the vehicle, really good although the plastic base is cracking up a little due to the cold and rough terrain.

wirehair

Deer Sled

Hi ,yes it is commercial made, FC used them,it was made years ago in Lochgilphead I think by Nichol Slee, cheers Davie.

MACKY

He is still making them but with a different tow hitch design.
Located in Gearlochead

Leadwasp

If that's the same Nichol Slee engineer/fabricator/pipe welder that saved my bacon on a marine welding job - called him in upto Oban - then I can vouch for the guy. Storming bloke and top quality welding from him and his team!