Stalkers job wanted

I am 19 looking for a stalkers job, I have worked for various deer management companies but due to a family death took a year out. I am now getting back into work and am looking for a stalkers job again I have dsc1,advanced deer management, live capture and atv and rtv tickets. I have an open firearms certificate, with 243, 30-06 and some smaller calibers on aswell. I have 2 working dogs a Bavarian mountain hound and a Labrador. Full clean driving licence and a pickup. I don’t claim to have shot thousands of deer but I have shot in the region of 600 wild deer mainly fallow and around 250 park deer culling for land owners.
Any interest please email me on ryanwhatley223@icloud.com

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Welcome to the site, a strange introduction usually people introduce themselves first and then explain what they are after. It's a big ask.

John

banus

good afternoon and welcome,i wish you luck but you will be amongst 1000,s of others looking for a stalking job!

ArunT

All the best and envious of the resume. Looks like you have done more with stalking than what I would possibly ever get to.

EMcC

Aged 19, took a year out so back to 18, left school at 16 so it would seem you crammed an awful lot of study and culling in those two years between 16 and 18 !
I notice L2 is missing from your CV but you jumped from L1 to Advanced Deer management, very impressive.
I notice you give Gt Britain as your location, most of us live in towns, or county's which helps a lot when offering help or making contact.
Good luck with your introduction and request but I think you will find you are behind a very long queue waiting for what looks like free stalking.

Dexter

300ish wild fallow in a maximum of 4 years is unbelievable!!! I don't know too many experienced stalkers who have shot that many in that time frame.

Last edited:

EMcC

300ish wild fallow in approximately 4 years is unbelievable!!! I don't know too many experienced stalker who have shot that many in that time frame.
Four years ? leave school 16 then a year out at 18 so only two years real time, a really busy boy ;)

Thanks for all your replies, to get advanced deer management you do not need a dsc2, I’ve been told most people buy there dsc2s in a pub that’s why I haven’t done one yet. I shot most of my deer on estates which had heavy problems with them and shooting 6 days a week morning and evening the numbers soon racked up, Thankyou for all your best wishes and constructive advice.
Ryan

Dexter

Thanks for all your replies, to get advanced deer management you do not need a dsc2, I’ve been told most people buy there dsc2s in a pub that’s why I haven’t done one yet.
Utter rubbish Ryan. I'm sure a few have done it like that but to say that 'most people have' shows your total lack of life experience. You're basically saying that most AWs and DSC2 holders are fraudsters of which plenty of them are on this site!
I would suggest that before you do your DSC2 you do maths GCSE because I don't believe that your figures are possible for someone of your age and I'm clearly not alone with my thoughts. People will see right through your CV and it will end up being filled in the b1n!

CarlW

Thanks for all your replies, to get advanced deer management you do not need a dsc2, I’ve been told most people buy there dsc2s in a pub that’s why I haven’t done one yet. I shot most of my deer on estates which had heavy problems with them and shooting 6 days a week morning and evening the numbers soon racked up, Thankyou for all your best wishes and constructive advice.
Ryan
Dear Ryan,

I am not sure that insulting nigh-on half of the stalkers on this site is a winning strategy for securing employment. Deer-stalking is a very small world.

Best of luck with your search.

Kind regards,

Carl

Firefly

Aged 19, took a year out so back to 18, left school at 16 so it would seem you crammed an awful lot of study and culling in those two years between 16 and 18 !
I notice L2 is missing from your CV but you jumped from L1 to Advanced Deer management, very impressive.
I notice you give Gt Britain as your location, most of us live in towns, or county's which helps a lot when offering help or making contact.
Good luck with your introduction and request but I think you will find you are behind a very long queue waiting for what looks like free stalking.
8 deer a week, every week solid for two years.

glasshalffull

Ryan
Woh lad, you have to learn to slow down. Take things easier. Maybe an add in Sporting Gun might pay dividends? All the best with your search anyway.

sikasako

To attain and hold down a full time deer stalking position one shall learn that one should not openly speak their mind.
That shall come with experience. (As many have already found out to their detriment.)
Good luck with ones venture.

Last edited:

norma 308

can’t knock u for trying chap get out there and good luck seasonal ghillie /pony boy is a start mean time try getting in as a underkeeper up north possibly moving in after you’ve built a reputation as reliable and trustworthy there’s plenty of time and plenty of deer slowly slowly catchy monkey
Norma

bogtrotter

You have had two years experience,you will need considerably more than that to secure a full time stalkers job, trainee yes,under stalker maybe,
Try for a seasonal job as a Ghillie or ponyman that will get you foot in the door
FC starts lads of your age but they normally want lads that have been to college
Private estates will not be so interested in your certificates what they will want is proven experience backed up by references .
You need to learn to walk before you can run set you sights on a job as a trainee,and its not all about
shooting deer there is much more to a stalkers job than shooting.

teyhan1

Ryan, ignore these wannabes but please don’t insinuate that DSC 2 is bought. For many it is a long and expensive journey.
1st as Emcc said tell us where you are based.
2nd Getting any job as a stalker requires a stroke of luck and a good resume or to just be born in to it.
3rd My advice is to go back to where you started. Your face and skill will be known so you stand a much better chance.
4th Your young and mobile. Many here are not as we have family commitments and jobs. Keep mobile and avoid having a family for as long as is sensible.
5th Get yourself another career as a back up. Someone I knew who made a lot of money and then went over to stalking once told me “it’s a wonderful way to become poor”. Therein lies the reason that there are very few stalking jobs available. It really doesn’t pay to have someone sitting around who is just a deer stalker.

rem284

I am 19 looking for a stalkers job, I have worked for various deer management companies but due to a family death took a year out. I am now getting back into work and am looking for a stalkers job again I have dsc1,advanced deer management, live capture and atv and rtv tickets. I have an open firearms certificate, with 243, 30-06 and some smaller calibers on aswell. I have 2 working dogs a Bavarian mountain hound and a Labrador. Full clean driving licence and a pickup. I don’t claim to have shot thousands of deer but I have shot in the region of 600 wild deer mainly fallow and around 250 park deer culling for land owners.
Any interest please email me on ryanwhatley223@icloud.com
Welcome to the site ryan. The above shows you keeness, something that you cant buy and is very helpful to do deer control as a fulltime job. Doing awkward hours every day isnt easy. The fact that you have 2 working dogs will also stand you in good stead.

The numbers of deer under your belt to date is certainly do able in the time frame you have mentioned. This will have gave you some larder experience. If i was looking to employ someone i would ask them to proccess a few deer, shoot a few targets and take them out for a couple of outings.

I dont know your location or your employment situation at the moment but it might help if you put where you would be will to work.

If i was your age again and looking to get into this line of work i would do my time at the college and i would be contacting estates, contractors and forestry companies/organisations.

Good luck and keep trying