im looking for a pair of high stalking boots. i have been looking at the le chameau mouflon plus boots. anybody had any experience with them? or is there a better pair?

I will need a new pair soon too, so I have been asking around. I've heard good and bad about most makes so far, but that about le chameaus I have also been told about - in fact seems to be a common problem with most makes whenever there is rubber or whatever up the sides. Not come across the harkila kevlar ones yet however, so thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find any to have a look at at the Game Fair tomorrow.

Don't get the Mouflons - they're rubbish and they Squeak even when broken in!
The best I've used by far are the Meindl Dovre extreme. Bushwear currently have them on offer for £202.49 (previously £224.99)
Awesome boots built to last!
MS

Meindl Douvres or if you want better go for Lundhags Syncro. Had Alt-berg and although well made in Britain they are lead weights.

been using dovre extreme's for a while, I rate them very highly, although the buggers gave me a blister on the heel last time I had them on,,probably due to wearing them barefoot in a heatwave:cool:

Douvre are a winter boot and no socks is just stupid.

Ah, to me they're all rounders, socks had to come off for reasons that are even more stupid than not wearing any at all..let's say driving to a morning stalk in socks only and hitting the brakes in the car can make a cup of coffee fly from between your legs into the footwell...esp. when it's not a travel mug but a ceramic mug! LOL...not my finest morning...now dear old JAYB's pajero smells like instant coffee too!

Got the Meindl Dovre extreme boots, very good boot. Managed to pick up a brand new pair on evil bay for £160 posted which I thought was a bargain!

Don't get the Mouflons - they're rubbish and they Squeak even when broken in!
MS

A pertinent observation ; Chameau boots are squeakers to the last. Harkila can suffer from a poor footbed, essentially a fashion boot. For Summer boots : Lowa :cool:

Knowing a few people with Mouflons I think you either get a good pair or bad pair by the sounds of it. People I know like them. For me Meindl Dovre extreme are the best boots though.

I don't know, I've had the Le Chameau Aubrac boots for a few years now and I've found them to be great.

Perhaps the leather ones are less prone to squeaking ? I had a pair of Chameaus years ago fabric type upper joined to vibram, so noisy never looked at the brand again

what size are you?

forget mouflons......they squeak, break, and squeak some more......and they break!!
Meindls take some beating but are pricier now than they used to be.

I'm still looking too - I wasn't that taken with the only boots I could find at the gamefair - the Harkilas. The things I've heard about le Chameaus seem to be borne out by comments here - they can be a very good or very bad pair.
I was recommended to look at Lowa and Alt-berg and someone said Lundhag was the dogs wotnots, all of which I see mentioned here.

Back