Stalking ground North West Scotland

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff

View from the Lodge garden. This area is 44,400 acres which I organised and managed the first Red Deer cull on when it was purchased by the local community. Myself a part time keeper and 5 semi professional stalkers took a cull of 180 head.

There are no roads inside the property.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Yes its Sulliven, never been to the top :eek: but its 7 miles to the base from the lodge, and I have walked it and back with a clients and two Garrons in the pouring rain. Not much fun that day :cry:

This past season I was stalking again on there with an American client, and there was a stag with hinds on the very top :eek: we could see them through the bino's. They were safe up there as there was no way I was climbing that lump to get a shot for a client, you would have a hell of a drag back, and those days are almost over for me at nearly 53 years old. ;)

Frax

It wouldn't even enter my head to want to climb the thing...perfer to look at hills like that through the bottom of a whisky tumbler! I'm such a slacker!

Beowulf

Just as I remember it Malcolm. It was a great day when you took the wife and I to have a look at your West Coast operation. Seeing all those Red Stags (fifty or so I think you said) high on the hills and then the breath taking scenery. Truly magical! :D

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Where else do you get such views and the right light to capture it by, the West has some truly magnificent sights. The real sad thing is I have to travel about half an hour 'ish to get to Suilven :eek:

This on the other hand is ten minutes up the road

Bugger ain't it

John

snowstorm

Sikamalc - I wanted to say that is beautiful, it's my favourite type of country - if God had to live somewhere - it would be there.

JAYB - yours looks good too, snow gives everything a semi-astral plane feel.