Starline Rifle Brass

thegreg

Has anyone used any of Starline's bottleneck brass, and if so what's your opinion on the quality of it?

I've used Starline before in my .44 & .45-70 and to be fair I've found the straight wall stuff pretty good to be honest. Wondering if the rifle brass is worth a try...

Cheers
Greg

alberta boy

I've been using their 358 brass for a while , so far , so good . I haven't been pushing the pressure up at all , but there hasn't been any stretching and after two reloads it's still under max length . The necks are concentric and even . An example of one , I know , but I'm happy so far . What cartridge case are you looking for ?

AB

thegreg

I've been using their 358 brass for a while , so far , so good . I haven't been pushing the pressure up at all , but there hasn't been any stretching and after two reloads it's still under max length . The necks are concentric and even . An example of one , I know , but I'm happy so far . What cartridge case are you looking for ?

AB
Thanks for the reply. Thinking of giving it a try in the .223.

Cheers
Greg

alberta boy

Like you , I've used a lot of their straight walled cases , 45/70 and 44 Special mostly , and been pretty happy with it . When I saw that they had 358 W , I thought I'd give it a try . I'm a bit surprised it's available in the UK . What's the price like there compared to other brass ?

AB

thegreg

Like you , I've used a lot of their straight walled cases , 45/70 and 44 Special mostly , and been pretty happy with it . When I saw that they had 358 W , I thought I'd give it a try . I'm a bit surprised it's available in the UK . What's the price like there compared to other brass ?

AB
It’s cheap compared to what I’d call premium brass (Lapua, Norma) etc. For example in the .223 Lapua is about £65, Norma £90 and Starline £30. That’s why I’m keen to try it! It’s very common over here in pistol calibres.

Cheers
Greg

phaedra

44Mag StarLine loaded 128 times so far :)

I also use it for the 6.5 Creedmoor, small primer version. Now been fired 10 times, annealed at 4x and 8x, no signs of wear to the primer pockets or any drop in accuracy.

thegreg

44Mag StarLine loaded 128 times so far :)

I also use it for the 6.5 Creedmoor, small primer version. Now been fired 10 times, annealed at 4x and 8x, no signs of wear to the primer pockets or any drop in accuracy.
128 times that really is some going:oops: I have 50x Norma .44 mag cases which I’ve reloaded over 80 times now and the primer pockets are starting to go. I’d love to find some more Norma but doubt I ever will. By the sounds of it though Starline could be better, I’ll see how well it does!

Cheers
Greg