Started looking for a gundog and found this.

teyhan1

Springer for sale. Must go by friday. 11 months old. £200

Thought I'd have a quick conversation and here is the transcript.

Hello (me)

Hello your wife left a message on Facebook for me to call you about the dog.

Ah yes, I just wanted to get some more information. Why are you getting rid of the dog?

A change in circumstances. My mother has become ill and I am at college. I am coming home at luchtimes to see the dog but I feel it unfair on him and just want the best. ( Ok answer)

Is the dog KC registered?

Err, what’s that? (slightly weird)

Does the dog have any papers?

We have been phoning the breeders to try and get the papers but they won’t give them to us. ( Now bells are ringing)

Did you see the parents?

No, they wouldn’t let us. ( And you bought a bloody puppy from these muppets)

Has he had any training?

He can sit and he is house trained. I started taking him to puppy training classes but haven’t lately. ( You mean he will only sit still when you have a piece of food and other than that eats everything, which is why you thought you’d try training classes only to find out that it doesn’t cover chewing things.)

Is he chipped?

Yes, he is. ( Only because its the law otherwise you’d have said yes because you thought I was talking about a speed ‘chip’ like they use in them fast cars but its for faster dogs, as he is one).

Has he had his jabs?

Yes he has.

Okay I’ll discuss with my wife and get back to you (yeah, in about 15 years).

Some people.

jimmy milnes

Sounds to me like what would of been a more accurate description on the advert
11 month old sprocker "maybe"
Won't do anything it's told
Screams about at 100mph everywhere
Pulling house to pieces
Need to pass my problem on to someone else

I. Farticus

Sounds to me like what would of been a more accurate description on the advert
11 month old sprocker "maybe"
Won't do anything it's told
Screams about at 100mph everywhere
Pulling house to pieces
Need to pass my problem on to someone else
We've named him "Hospital Pass" in advance...

Woodsmoke

They walk among us. I was selling a bike once . . . . . .

'Alright mate, d'you still have the bike?'

'Yes, it's still here'

'What's the lowest you'll go on it?'

'About 2mph, otherwise I fall over' . . . . . .

EMcC

If I were in the market for a dog that one sounds like just the challenge I would accept.
Apart from that it sounds like a dog that needs rescuing and channelling down the right road.
There are no bad dogs just bad owners.

375 mag

Not the dogs fault it's the owners I'd blame, at 11 months old it would be just ready to start training.

Last edited:

EMcC

I still reckon it is a dog that needs a good owner regardless of it's background.
Naturally I do not approve of 'Puppy Farming' or 'Handling Stolen Goods' but neither is the dogs fault, should that have been the case, but were I in a position to help I would willingly have taken it on.

jimmy milnes

Whilst I agree with the fact that it's not the dogs fault. I'm of the frame of mind that while ever people are prepared to accept/buy rubbish dogs then idiots will continue to breed them
So in the long term you could say by not taking on dogs like this people may decide to think about the proper planning and thought that should go into deciding to breed hence less dogs/idiot owners so less cruelty due to less dogs having to be pushed about
Just my opinion?
Jimmy

EMcC

Puppy farmers won't use your logic, they will continue to breed in the hope that someone will buy them, and if they don't, what do you think will happen to them then - sold on to Dog fighters for training perhaps or worse still just left to starve and die ?