Steak knives

private fraser

All the steak knives on the market seem to have a serrated edge.
I don't want to rip up my steaks, just cut them cleanly.
Anyone know of a knife or set of knives that wouldn't break my wee bank balance and would still be a pleasure to set on the table ?.
Thanks

Chicago Cutlery makes some, about 5 inch non-serrated blade, wood handle. They are common in restaurants, although I see more of the rounded "point" things now.

Gerber makes a set with very slim aluminum handles and a 2 inch blade. Stylish.

All the steak knives on the market seem to have a serrated edge.

As far as I can tell, the term 'steak knife' seems pretty much synonymous with 'table-knife with serrated edge'. I'm sure most of them wouldn't too badly maul a steak, especially those with more scalloped or bread-knife-like serrations.

However, a quick look at the 'Bay shows numerous non-serrated examples from the expensive French ones to these 221681080426 whose packaging suggests they were the prize for a comms equipment super-salesman in the Good Old Days: teak, steak knives, things being made in Sheffield - it must be the 1960s!

Personally, I would just avoid serving any part of a cow that was likely to require the diner to use the table-cutlery equivalent of a chainsaw.
:)

I forgot about Wustoff. They have a set of 6 in a wood knife block for about $60.00 USD, and a really nice set in a wood case, 8 for $80.00.

Back