Steiner cobra 10x42 binoculars

WAYNE

Good evening,

Has anyone got a pair cobra 10x42 binoculars and how do you rate them compared to others of similar prices on the market?

Looking in the brochure they look good and have some good points, but would like some personal opinions of them before any purchases:)

Have a good day

To be honest I've not been impressed by Steiner from what I've seen, for a great pair of Binos for for the minox 8 x 42 £ 150 ish on amazon , fantastic for the money

Last edited:
get a set of opticron from flee bay have the 8.5x50 cant find eney thing to complain about good in all lighting from early morning to dark very very good for the money look them up you will not be disappointed in them

Good evening,

Has anyone got a pair cobra 10x42 binoculars and how do you rate them compared to others of similar prices on the market?

Looking in the brochure they look good and have some good points, but would like some personal opinions of them before any purchases:)

Have a good day

I bought the cobra 10x42 after trying other brands. They suit my eyesight especially at dawn and dusk very well.
I think we all have different eyesight, so go with what brand suits you. Well made, good value for money, but you may struggle to find shops that sell them as I had to order mine in.
I found the eyecup covers a bit awkward.

get a set of opticron from flee bay have the 8.5x50 cant find eney thing to complain about good in all lighting from early morning to dark very very good for the money look them up you will not be disappointed in them

Great binoculars for the money.

havwe got agree with jimbo my rangers have fell aparts ,so i sent them back to steiner that was 4 weeks go not heard a peep yet ,lets see if they can put them right ,i am borrowing some minox and they are very good indeed

Good afternoon,

Cheers for the info, it's good to get some feed back of other users and what they think. Have a great day

I heard that my bins have been fully repaired and on there what back as new from Steiner at no charge ,that's a turn up for the books pleased as

Just a few additional words about the steiner cobra binoculars 10x42.
I find them fantastic in early morning and evening.
Light and solid construction. I obviously like my pair.

I have a friend who swears by his. I personally don't like them - nothing to do with the optics, it's just that I can't get comfortable with the shape of the eyecups - my face doesn't fit them - something to do with geometry of bridge of nose, spacing of eyes, ocular bones and shape not working. I do find this with quite a few brands including some of the Swarovski.

But they are certainly well built and tough, and if they fit then they would be a good buy.

havwe got agree with jimbo my rangers have fell aparts ,so i sent them back to steiner that was 4 weeks go not heard a peep yet ,lets see if they can put them right ,i am borrowing some minox and they are very good indeed

That's been my experience. The eye cup circlips let go on my Hunter Pros so the cups went slack and spun round uselessly. Drove me mad. Sent them back to Steiner and they came back 6 weeks later exactly the same as before. Hadn't even been cleaned. The low light performance isn't the best. My 50 mm Duralyt is noticeably brighter last thing.
They'd be all right at £200 but for £400 I wish I'd saved up a bit longer and bought a pair of S/H Swaro EL's.

Back