Steyr CLll rebarreling.

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Mr. Gain

Having looked at the parts diagram in the manual, the barrel has a normal threaded tenon plus a locking ring and a safety collar. I believe the main issue in removing/fitting a new barrel is acquiring or fabricating the box-spannery tool for removing the locking ring.

Totsy

Having looked at the parts diagram in the manual, the barrel has a normal threaded tenon plus a locking ring and a safety collar. I believe the main issue in removing/fitting a new barrel is acquiring or fabricating the box-spannery tool for removing the locking ring.
Thank you. Why didn’t I read the manual!!!

BLUEROLL

Anyone had their CLll rebarreled? Apparently the barrel is swaged into the action?
I think it is very similar to my Prohunter SBS action and can recommend Neil McKillop for a re-barrel job. He stuck a Bartlein 5R on my 243 and its brilliant, bonus is I can switch from 80gr TTSX to 85gr Sierra with no need for adjustment of POI.

Totsy

Yes Blueroll, you are right. Threaded barrel with a lock ring by the looks of things, just like the pro hunter. Dropping of to Neil in the next few days.
extending my .243 to 25” 1:8 for the same copper as yourself.

CDSG Shooting Sports