steyr ssg piv moderator

fresh slots

I am now the proud owner of a steyr ssg piv in .308; having conducted some in depth research on these rifles I know the original moderator was made by brugger and thomet, but these seem impossible to find. Has anyone an idea of where I can get a mod for this rifle? Obviously the states wont ship over here, unless I am being fobbed off.

I am now the proud owner of a steyr ssg piv in .308; having conducted some in depth research on these rifles I know the original moderator was made by brugger and thomet, but these seem impossible to find. Has anyone an idea of where I can get a mod for this rifle? Obviously the states wont ship over here, unless I am being fobbed off.

As far as I am aware they come with a flash hider. Mine did. I had it cut for a modi and had one fitted but was not aware it came from the factory like that.

The flash hider is treaded on, with the thread being nearer the action about 4 inches from the muzzle, the muzzle is slightly conical (i think thats how you describe it) to allow the mod to centre on the barrel as the thread tightens.

how does it perform, what calibre and what ammo are you feeding it with, i am on 168 Gr HPBT match, and they seem to work pretty well (for the one chance i have had to get it on a range so far). does the mod have no rear bushing? if so what is the fit like?

Sako 123gn in .308. Excellent round. No rear bushing on the mod and it fits fine. Doesn't come into contact with the barrel other than at the muzzle. Accuracy is very very good and no recoil of any note.

Pleasure good to see someone else use one. Think you will be happy. Be interested to know what your observations are when you have had the chance to use it in the field.

Will let you know, but initial instincts are that it handles extremely well, cant wait to get out on the range again, then into the field.

Back