Stihl electric telescopic hedge trimmer HLA 86

kes

Trying to move forward and get a tool which I can wield all day. The lowest price I can fin for the tool, battery and charger is near £600 - are they worth it ?
Experiences welcome but something to cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch is a necessity.

srvet

I tried the Stihl battery telescopic chainsaw high branch lopper thing and it was an awesome bit of kit. Lightweight and powerful and didn’t drain the battery too fast

thorneyglatt

Trying to move forward and get a tool which I can wield all day. The lowest price I can fin for the tool, battery and charger is near £600 - are they worth it ?
RYOBI do a similar hedge trimmer - very good, but having motor at the top end may make the balance less ideal. Works well and costs under £250 with charger and battery.

kes

Thanks all, I wonder where I can try the balance etc ?
Might try ....Parks and Gardens in Cardiff.

Uncle f

Use the battery system stuff from stihl all very good. I have the pole saw and the chainsaw and there great

spannulman

After my left arm pumped up and I thought I was going to have a hearth attack whilst trying to start my Stihl Hedge trimmer After a winter in my shed ( the Stihl, not me) I decided I would bite the bullet and buy a battery version. The chainsaw I would get has a common battery with the hedge trimmer so would only need one for both tools. The cost for both saw and hedge trimmer and ak30 battery was £560 and I’d probably find a better deal with my local agri shop ( this was online) or at least they’d match it.

the hedge trimmer and bty was £380. But maybe your £500 one was bigger/ fancier.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
After my left arm pumped up and I thought I was going to have a hearth attack whilst trying to start my Stihl Hedge trimmer After a winter in my shed ( the Stihl, not me)
I'll have your old Stihl please! ;)

Old Pultney

I would highly recommend anything by Stihl . The advantage of battery powered is less weight and easy to start.. stihl 2 stroke powered multi tool is a great bit of kit but quite heavy

Stalker1962

After my left arm pumped up and I thought I was going to have a hearth attack whilst trying to start my Stihl Hedge trimmer

I am fairly sure, that the day is not far off when my dead body, will be found collapsed over one of the following:-

1. Any (un-started) petrol driven piece of garden machinery.
  2. One unlaced hill boot.
  3. One unfixed gaiter.