Stock Help Wanted Please

stalkerboydy

Gents i just tried to order a Laminated stock from Richard Microft ( usa) only to be mailed SORRY we can't deliver to the UK. Have any of you got info where i could order from. Rifle is a Tikka T3 Hunter .25-06 Not interested in the UK ( SORRY Chap's ) due to price as my stock had i been able to order was £ 120
Thank's Boydy

TankGunner

IIRC the UK importer of RichardsMF stock packed in about 6=8 months ago due to ill health. I can't recall his name.

Is there nothing in the Boyds stock range that takes your fancy?

Akeld

Accept it as good fortune, I had one delivered last year, when it arrived six weeks late it looked like a laminated fencepost. Its sorted now but took a lot of work and swearing to get how I wanted. Try Boyds stocks, in my opinion the laminate is better quality and the finish is better

jcampbellsmith

Gents i just tried to order a Laminated stock from Richard Microft ( usa)...

I got a stock from Richards Microfit about 10 years ago. It was cheap and cost a fortune to get it finished as it arrived with a very rough finish. Ultimately it was very nice as per the picture on the left. I think there are better options nowadays. Regards JCS

Taff

afraid with stocks you get what you pay for, I have looked at joe west and the quality is very good and at least if there is a problem you can talk face to face with him.

tusker

I have a friend looking for a laminated thumb hole stock for a Tikka T3 in 30-06. Do Boyds make one? I have a Boyds on my 270 for the price cannot be beaten. Fab quality.
Tusker

nun_hunter

Boyds don't do a stock for Tikka T3s at the moment but if enough people show interest and submit the product request form on the website they would make them.

stalkerboydy

JCS thanks. Paul o' Yes but £285+ for the type of stock I like. Just had a e-mail from Boyds. At the moment NO for a T3 but it is the pipeline SOON

Please note we at Joe west are well aware of the Boyds prices. We pay nearly as much for a laminate blank as Boyds sell a stock for, We make our stocks one at a time Boyds make about 2000 a week, I promise you a stock from us is a much more personal thing and the stock shape we charge £285 for is not a shape Boyds will be interested in making. Its to complicated for them to bang out by the 1000.