Stock refurbish ideas

Jeff8861

I have a Anchutz 1517 hmr in a wooden stock believe it might be in beach not sure as it covered in a very dark stain I done like it. Open to ideas not really bothered as long as it looks better. Anyone on here do this sort of stuff. Don’t want to spend a fortune would just like this brown stuff off

Ttocs

I’ve refinished several stocks and recently my Anschutz 1416 .22. I used paint stripper, let it dry thoroughly then sanded with 400, 600, 1000 wet and dry. Use Trueoil grain filler if the grain is quite open. I then wet the stock and re sand with wire wool a couple of times. I then use Trueoil Red Walnut Stain to get good colour followed by multiple coats of Trueoil (very very light coats applied with my finger tip and only 2 coats on chequering). Quick wire wool sand before final coat or leave it a couple of weeks (though it dries quickly, it takes a week or two to harden fully) and gently wire wool for a matte finish.
I bit my lip and refinished my Beretta 687EELL last year, the results are stunning and admired by all.
N

Attachments

Milligan

wet sand through the grades to 800 or 1000, danish oil (colron does well and cheap enough) then 00 gauge wirewool to matte finish. hard durable finish and smooth as.

Uncle f

I’ve refinished several stocks and recently my Anschutz 1416 .22. I used paint stripper, let it dry thoroughly then sanded with 400, 600, 1000 wet and dry. Use Trueoil grain filler if the grain is quite open. I then wet the stock and re sand with wire wool a couple of times. I then use Trueoil Red Walnut Stain to get good colour followed by multiple coats of Trueoil (very very light coats applied with my finger tip and only 2 coats on chequering). Quick wire wool sand before final coat or leave it a couple of weeks (though it dries quickly, it takes a week or two to harden fully) and gently wire wool for a matte finish.
I bit my lip and refinished my Beretta 687EELL last year, the results are stunning and admired by all.
N
That’s looks cracking mate well done. Love nice looking timber just says everything a nice gun should be in my opinion.

Regards steve

paul o'

my bad thought you were after base's 'n' rings imo they are a better choice than the fixed , to get the scope set at the best height