Stock repacement for BSA Hunter

Hi everyone... first post in the forum here.

A friend is selling a BSA Hunter chambered on REM .222. I really like the rifle and I´m willing to buy it. Unfortunately, the stock (not original) is broken on the action side of the bolt. Although the rifle can be used that way, I´ll love to find a replacement for it. Being an older rifle, I have not yet come to find a stock to fit.
So I´m asking your help here, Is there a stock from another model or manufacturer I can use? I bought from Boyd´s a shotgun stock and forend a couple of years ago and my experience was great so, I´ll be glad if some of their products can be used for this rifle. If not, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

I´m guessing that someone who has done some customizing might give me some hilights on this subject too. I´ll be really grateful for any help since I´ll love to have this particular rifle in a nice looking brand new stock.

Thank you all for reading and have a 2015 year of good shooting.

Uncle Norm

Postage to 'Mexico' could get expensive ? ;)
I have an original wooden BSA stock that fits the .22Hornet short action. It is a spare and I have partially stripped the finish before deciding to refinish the original stock on my BSA .22Hornet. So it would need stripping and refinishing. However it is sound with no damage.
I am not sure whether it would fit the .222 BSA short action directly, without some modification, however others on here may know the answer to that.
Hopefully you will get a better offer but bear this one in mind.

Hi Uncle Norm... Sorry It took me so long to come back with a replay. You bet I´ll keep in mind your offer... thanks.
Unfortunately, I have not have any luck, nobody has confirmed if a 22 hornet stock will work for a .222 Rem. I think it will since both calibers belong to a short action category. However I´ll like to have more certainty before going for it. I´ll keep looking on this and other forums for some other information.
I´ll keep in touch. Take care.