Stolen Rifle

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

brock and norris

Sadly we have just received a letter from one of our suppliers, a rifle was stolen from their stand at the CLA, it's a Savage Model 25 Walking Varminter .17 Hornet Srl No H736943, so please beware if you are offered one of these rifles check the Srl No. Needless to say if this rifle is offered to you or seen on sale contact the police!

paul o'

was it not lock up then feller :doh: oh well one more gun on the streets, that if it ever gets use's we will get the blame for from the anti's

Virbius

Every exhibitor was notified of this incident and to be vigilant if they had firearms on their stands. The reports stated that the firearm in question that was stolen was secured with a lock.

Glendine

The problem with this is now the majority will suffer due to the actions of a few.
Gamefairs usually give the opportunity to handle weapons you otherwise would only see in the media.

Glendine.

snowy

The reports stated that the firearm in question that was stolen was secured with a lock.
Not very well apparently :lol:.

Mr. Gain

What is the thief, or anyone else, going to do for ammo? (I'm told firearms aren't much use, and considerably less of a threat, without it.)

Bavarianbrit

It happened at the Dortmund show a few years ago with wieners erben they took the whole display contents overnight.
Sh*t happens.
Martin

Mr. Gain

just buy reloading gear !

That's fine, until you go to get some primers -FAC, please!- and bullets. I don't know of any non-expanding bullets in .17 cal., so -correctly-conditioned FAC, please!

At which point your naughty boy finds he's still armed with a shiny club that could see him put away for 5 years.

rigboot

Can't remember the stall but this years Scone gamefair, the Police had warned one stall holder that only one firearm could be unlocked and removed from the wall at any one time.

They then waited outside the stall to enforce this followed with periodical checks throughout the weekend to ensure this remained the case.

The first occasion he had two off the wall, he was warned should it happened gain, he'd be closed down!

Prob just a sign of the times as I heard last year one of the stalking stalls lost quite a lot of equipment through shoplifting, must be hard to police you're own stall when the crowds are moving around, you'd need eyes on the back of your head.

paul o'

yes stand corrected you are sort of correct and i did't see Column Number: 226, house of commons

amendments Nos. 228 and 229. Q[ A requirement simply to present evidence in the form of a firearm or shotgun
certificate when purchasing primers would be preferable and proportionate. It should also legislate for current best practice, which would be more commendable than adding further intricate layers to existing firearms legislation. Subsections (3) and (5) in particular need to be amended. Under the Bill, the requirement to produce a certificate every time is not only an administrative burden, but carries distinct dangers. Primers are bought
frequently, especially by experienced shooters, and there will often be many repeat purchases from one vendor. Our initial proposal is that the wording ''he produces'' be removed entirely from subsection (3)(c) and (d) and replaced with the less burdensome requirement of the words,

• ''he shows that he is the holder of'']end.

I have thous of primmers so haven't obtained any since 2000 and never i'v been asked to see my cert ,but as its another wooly rule thay could still get hold of them and i also think thay do a 20gr fmj reading an articale in a write up from the usa when the rifle came out as i was looking at super fast small cals for fox but essex did't like anything under a 22 hornet ,

That's fine, until you go to get some primers -FAC, please!- and bullets. I don't know of any non-expanding bullets in .17 cal., so -correctly-conditioned FAC, please!

At which point your naughty boy finds he's still armed with a shiny club that could see him put away for 5 years.

pheasant sniper 1

I don't think some of the posts on here do us any favours atall..

Cant see anything funny about a hard working fella having his world turned upside down because some scrote manages to force the securing mechanism and help himself to a rifle...

I for one enjoy looking and handling rifles at these events so cries of hang him and tear his arm off while removing his FAC are far from whats needed on here..

Feel sorry for the fella who was just maybe going out of his way to help as many people as possible have a good time...

Virbius

Well said ps1. It isn't the first time a firearm has been stolen at a fair and it won't be the last but another classic case of SD judge, jury and executioner.

RickoShay

He may have had good intentions, and there isn't anything funny about the theft.
Nonetheless, many other traders seem to have held on to their rifles - seems a weak link was exploited and be of interest to understand more about 'how'.

BRACES of Bristol - Mauser M12 with Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10x56 Illuminated Scope